Dish satellite hook up

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Resolved. Need to get a nationally recognized television brand for the living room. The Dish system remote does not recognize the Summit brand our Big Country came with for on/off or volume.

LBR

Resolved. Need to get a nationally recognized television brand for the living room. The Dish system remote does not recognize the Summit brand our Big Country came with for on/off or volume.

We have the Summit with the Dish and all of the important facets of the Dish controller work the TV fine...volume, menus, page up/downs, mute, etc.

What was the code you used for the learning process of your Dish remote? I used the supplied code in the Summit TV owners manual.

wdk450

My Dish remote has a "Learning" function where you can set up the Dish remote for the TV function you want it to control, aim the TV remote at the Dish remote, press the function button on the TV remote, and the Dish remote picks up and learns the correct IR signal. Thus the Dish remote can work for ANY other remote.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
We have the Summit with the Dish and all of the important facets of the Dish controller work the TV fine...volume, menus, page up/downs, mute, etc.

What was the code you used for the learning process of your Dish remote? I used the supplied code in the Summit TV owners manual.

Thankyou, I'll let my wife know, since I'm not home right now. She'lltry that this evening.