Disk brake install on new heartland rv

Bob Vaughn

I was at a Heartland dealer and was looking to get a new 5th wheel. I told the dealer that I wanted disc brakes installed on the camper before I took delivery. He called me the next morning and said it would void the warranty on the camper. I have disc brakes on my current rv and will never again tow a camper without them. Is this a Heartland thing or just the dealer being too lazy to make a sale and get it done???:mad:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I read a lot about a warranty that would be voided.
There is more to voiding a warranty than just saying it's voided. Check out Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Basically what it says is that in order to void a warranty the provider must prove that what you did caused a particular problem.
You might consider the MorRyde upgrades.
Find a new dealer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Your dealer is not being honest with you. HL has disc brakes as an option on some coaches. Call HL yourself and ask the question. Then find a different dealer.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Just bought a new Orlando.My dealer had it picked up at the factory,taken to MorRyde had disc brakes put on plus IS installed then had deliver to him.We had another dealer tell us that too,iy does not void warranty.I think the reason they tell you is because it gets complicated and it takes a couple weeks longer. I was told to go with the MorRyde disc brakes because they do a better job and do more of them. Talk to Gary Wheeler at MorRyde,he will explain all to you.Also check with him if they are running a special for Heartland owners.We saved around$ 500.

Westwind

I watched my neighbor install the Titan disk break system on his 2008 Sunnybrook Titan - it is not a difficult job, it is one a good mechanic could do in day 1/2 at most as long as the parts shipped to him were correct. It pays to do the homework prior the installation starting.
It's not a job a dealer wants to get into but I would think that you might be able to find a local trailer (not RV) dealer who has a mechanic that is capable of doing the job, and might have done it on trailers in the past. Lots of owners of box trailers that transport antique cars etc. pay big bucks to upgrade their trailers.

jayc

Legendary Member
Contact Ron at Performance Trailer Braking at 405 626-7009. His installers will come to you or coordinate with you to have the work done.