Disney Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground

Bones

Stayed there when I first went in 76 with my parents, stayed there with our kids and motorhome in 09; stayed there with our kids in one of the Disney cabins in 12. The cabin was pretty cool and I felt it was nicer than the motels as you have "your own place".

We never had time to camp or have a fire, like at a regular campground. Always on the run and when we weren't the kids were crashed pretty hard.
Disney transportation worked well for us and it's cool to have the boat or bus option right there.
Never did the golf cart, but thought about it. Bikes are also important to get around, due to the size of the place.

We ordered grocery delivery and found that was a great time-saver. Fresh food, snacks & more delivered to our door with no time spent shopping when we got there.

Jeramey, who did you use for the grocery delivery? Malcolm and I are planning on staying for two weeks in January, 2017 and I would like to check that option out.

Me too That would be an awesome convience and let me leave the truck there and not move it either.

agpopp

Fort Wilderness is our favorite place. My signature pic is gassing up on the way home from there. We have stayed at the Fort 4 times the last 3 years with some extra trips at Lake Magic in Four Corners Fla. Grocery delivery can be had by a few places including green grocer. If you want a lot more info, check out fortfiends.net I am a member over there as Pghfiend. I can answer any questions you may have in addition to anything anyone may have added. We are big fans of the 100 loop and would recommend it to anyone. Enjoy your trip!

Sierra66

Went for the first time this last May. It was very nice. Stayed in the pet loop closest to the ferry. Brought our own golf cart which is a must have. We have a 5th wheel now and now I am tasked with how to fab up a trailer for it to pull behind the Prowler. I really want to go back for Christmas, I'm sure it's amazing and our 2 1/2 yo would love it even more.

Side note: I'm new to this particular forum, I have yet to see my profile pic and signature pic. Is there a "grace period" until the pics can be deemed fit??

thanks

Bones

Went for the first time this last May. It was very nice. Stayed in the pet loop closest to the ferry. Brought our own golf cart which is a must have. We have a 5th wheel now and now I am tasked with how to fab up a trailer for it to pull behind the Prowler. I really want to go back for Christmas, I'm sure it's amazing and our 2 1/2 yo would love it even more.

Side note: I'm new to this particular forum, I have yet to see my profile pic and signature pic. Is there a "grace period" until the pics can be deemed fit??

thanks
We are hoping to catch Christmas celebrations too