Dissatisfied with Heartland! (color of awning fabric)

Kbvols

Good news! I would ensure I kept the blue fabric awning since by rights it is yours. May be able to sell and recover what the discounted amount from HL didn't cover.

jbeletti

Re: Dissatisfied with Heartland!

I've heard of some keeping the vinyl awning fabric and using it as a picnic table cover.

SilverRhino

On our previous unit we had the awning arms damaged due to wind, fabric was still good and only 1 year old.......Listed it on Craigs list for 75% of the going price from CW and had it sold in 15 minutes and had over 20 contacts interested in purchase. I'm sure you will be able to find a way to re-cycle it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

WHOAA everybody, if HL is paying for the fabric...it then belongs to HL. Now they probably dont give a rats behind what happens to it. But before anybody goes running off with it, or cuts it up for a table cloth, I would get an OKEY DOKEY from HL to keep it. Maybe HL wants CW to send it back to them (HL). JMHO

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders

WHOAA everybody, if HL is paying for the fabric...it then belongs to HL. Now they probably dont give a rats behind what happens to it. But before anybody goes running off with it, or cuts it up for a table cloth, I would get an OKEY DOKEY from HL to keep it. Maybe HL wants CW to send it back to them (HL). JMHO

I disagree that it belongs to Heartland according to what he stated. If Heartland is only offering a discount and the customer is still having to cover part of the expense then IMHO the customer still has the right to keep it. Again, IMHO.

Here is his statememt..."Brandon said they had a meeting to discuss this issue this morning and HL is offering a large discount on the cost of the replacement fabric, but would not cover labor to put it on, I said that was fine because the service manager at Camping World said he would eat the cost of installing it!

So, basically all parties involved, HL, CW and ourselves are all out about 1/3 of the cost each, I'm still not entirely happy but it is better than nothing and a small price to pay to be proud of and not embarrassed of our new RV."

tmcran

X2. HL has no claim to the material. I guess they could ask for a third......

DandJochs

A discount is just that, a discount, I am still buying the replacement fabric! After what I have had to go through to get to this point I'll be ****ed if HL is going to get anything back!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

OK. everyones point is well taken to a point. Think of it this way. You total your car...your insurance pays you for it.....So is it still your car??

GOTTOYS

Then on the other hand...The fabric is used. What is Heartland going to do with it? They can't install it on a new trailer and sell it as new and why would they want to? It will cost them as much for labor as a whole new awning. I'm sure they just buy the complete unit, hang it on the side of the trailer and it's done in 10-15 minutes...Don

DandJochs

OK. everyones point is well taken to a point. Think of it this way. You total your car...your insurance pays you for it.....So is it still your car??
No because basically the insurance company has just bought the car from you buy paying you for it, they will sometimes give you the option of buying the car back from them with a salvage title.
Let me put it a different way, if you buy a pair of pants at a store for 20% off, do you only own 80% of the pants?

jimtoo

OK folks... lets all step back,,, take a couple of deep breaths and relax. An agreement has been worked out to replace the fabric of the awning. That was the main objective.

Jim M

DandJochs

OK folks... lets all step back,,, take a couple of deep breaths and relax. An agreement has been worked out to replace the fabric of the awning. That was the main objective.

Jim M
Good call Jim, thanks, I'm happy, I think some of us just like a good spirited debate! LOL

Happy Camping all!

Earl_Max

AMEN Brother.....I was bitting my lip. He is happy, move on.

Now......all we need is the AFTER picture so we can see it properly dressed for going out on the town......err......campground.