Dock Center Access

ILH

Having just completed winterizing my rig, I was thinking of doing something similar (while cursing the remoal of the entire panel). However, I was thinking of something slightly smaller - just large enough to reach in and turn the three valves.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I made my two access panels removable, so I wouldn't need to empty the basement if I needed to get in there quick. One is behind the UDC, the other is for the converter and suppressor mounting. Originally, I had pieces of wood retaining the panels, but switched them to barrel bolts.

View attachment 21854View attachment 21855

tcfake613

Yeah I struggled with how big to make it. My main reason was to get at the ice maker shutoff and also to have access to the plumbing rats nest in case I had a leak. Layed the framing square on the panel to take some measurements and voila! I ended up with an 18" x 24" hatch!

ParkIt

I made my two access panels removable, so I wouldn't need to empty the basement if I needed to get in there quick. One is behind the UDC, the other is for the converter and suppressor mounting. Originally, I had pieces of wood retaining the panels, but switched them to barrel bolts.

View attachment 21854View attachment 21855
Dang John, that is nice work for the basement! If I get time this winter maybe I'll copy your idea if you don't mind ;-)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dang John, that is nice work for the basement! If I get time this winter maybe I'll copy your idea if you don't mind ;-)

Thanks! For two box tops and three box bottoms I'll give you the patent ;). These photos may give you a better idea of the construction. Not much to it, actually. I didn't remove the black covering, but cut an X in it and folded it back behind the opening and stapled it. Then made the frame large enough to give the opening a lip for the panel to sit against. Material is 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood.