Dometic AC Issue

DWChris

I have a 2014 Landmark. My bedroom AC has been giving us trouble. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Regardless of the temp - at times the thermostat will read that the inside temp is 32 degrees F. Even if it's 80 in the bedroom.

Called the factory and they said it was the thermostat and sent me a new one. I put it on and it does the same thing.

It's not calling for the compressor to come on because it thinks it's 32 degrees F.

Turning it off and on doesn't fix it. Taking the thermostat completely off and reinstalling does nothing.

Anyone have anything like this happen?

A mobile repair guy said that he talked to Dometic and they think it "might" be an interference issue.
But no suggestion on how to fix it.

On a 90 degree weekend this is annoying. Seems to happen more on longer than weekend trips.

Any suggestions appreciated. Jim - you know anything about this problem?

By the way - main unit in living room works fine (knock wood).

Would really like to get this fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danemayer

I would check the voltage at the wires going into the thermostat. It needs 12V DC to work correctly. If the voltage is wrong for some reason, you'll get erratic behavior. You might even have a blown fuse in the fuse box. The LED indicator in the fuse box might be passing just enough power past a blown fuse that the thermostat is almost working.

rxbristol

I would check the voltage at the wires going into the thermostat. It needs 12V DC to work correctly.

This makes me wonder if the wires are connected correctly. Have you compared the wiring from the living room and bedroom thermostats to see if they're wired a like?

DWChris

It plugs in the back of the digital thermostat just like a phone cable. Not quite sure how to check the wiring.

danemayer

It plugs in the back of the digital thermostat just like a phone cable. Not quite sure how to check the wiring.

Try disconnecting the plug and using a pin or strand of wire to make contact between the probe and the wires or contacts.