Dometic AC Unit Question Condensation.

fastcarsspeed

So we put in a new Dometic AC unit a couple months ago and we also have the one in the bedroom. The new one seems to condensate more and when I started to look at things there appears to be a white foam tape that I guess is supposed to separate the return from the A/C Fan. This seems to have fallen down somewhat allowing what I guess is return air mixing into the cool air. Is this supposed to be like this or should I use some gorilla tape to tape it back up so no air mixes?

Lou_and_Bette

You need to retape the open area, if cool air is mixing with inflow, the AC may short cycle because it senses the cooler air and "thinks" it's done.

WillyBill

A better tape is the plumber's tape with the foil on one side and the adhesive looks similar to the tape used on hpdm roofs. (Lowes or HD has it) This type of tape will never come off up there, even after a long time. I could not say the same for duct tape or gorilla tape.

JHMO.

WB

Flooringit

I have a 2014 cyclone also. I Also have to replace the middle ac. I'm completely surprised they don't last longer then 3 years.

fastcarsspeed

I have a 2014 cyclone also. I Also have to replace the middle ac. I'm completely surprised they don't last longer then 3 years.

Dometic had an issue with these units and at one time were extending the warranties. Since we purchased this used we did not get that warranty but did have a extended warranty that came with the camper to 2020. Just had ours replaced under warranty. I will say that the install was very quick and easy other than getting the new unit on the roof and the old one off.

Flooringit

I have put a couple on before. They go on easy. But hard to get on roof and scary to rip the roof. I keep thinking just replace them all. I have 3 I hate dealing with issues. It would be 1500$ insurance I guess.