Dometic CCC2 Thermostat Operating Instructions

RVFun4Us

Hello all. Just about two months into owning our 3270RS and now on our first extended trip with it. I have read and reread the operating instructions for the Dometic CCC2 thermostat and am confused about how to program. The system works well when I manually switch the mode to either furnace or cooling and set the temp. I have the fan on auto. When I switch the mode to Auto, I would assume the furnace would come on when below the set point and the AC would come on when above the set point. But when in Auto mode, the AC will come on even when the temp is well below the set point (up to 4 or 5 degrees). Again, when in furnace or cooling mode, everything works well. So my first question is, "Isn't the auto setting designed to have the furnace or cooling come on automatically when above or below the set point by + or - 2 degrees? What am I missing here?

Second question is on the programming feature. I have tried to program both "1" and "2" and it seems that you can only program for either furnace or cooling but not both. I wanted to have furnace come on at 8am at 70 degrees and go down to 64 degrees at 10 pm. That worked well. But when I try to also program for cooling, it overrides the furnace. So my question is whether you can program both cooling and furnace on the program settings or just one at a time?

danemayer

I don't think I remember anyone posting about trying to use the AUTO mode or the timed programming features. You may be breaking new ground here.

When in AUTO, and the thermostat is calling for heat, I assume the furnace is running and hot air is coming out of the floor ducts. But you're also getting air out of the ceiling A/C vents. Is the compressor running, or is it just the A/C unit's blower?

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Isn't the CCC2 thermostat for heatpump installs? Perhaps the A/C running is actually the heatpump trying to warm up the rig.

RVFun4Us

I don't think I remember anyone posting about trying to use the AUTO mode or the timed programming features. You may be breaking new ground here.

When in AUTO, and the thermostat is calling for heat, I assume the furnace is running and hot air is coming out of the floor ducts. But you're also getting air out of the ceiling A/C vents. Is the compressor running, or is it just the A/C unit's blower?

Dan - So does everyone just manually change the thermostat from furnace to cool and vice versa when needed if they don't use the programming or Auto Mode? And manually change the temp when needed? Just trying to figure out what everyone else is doing to maintain a comfortable temp in their RV.

danemayer

Dan - So does everyone just manually change the thermostat from furnace to cool and vice versa when needed if they don't use the programming or Auto Mode? And manually change the temp when needed? Just trying to figure out what everyone else is doing to maintain a comfortable temp in their RV.

I can't speak for everyone, but we have 2 thermostats for 2 A/C units. One thermostat is the Comfort Control (not II) and it controls the bedroom A/C. The other is a Single Zone Dometic Digital that controls the living room A/C and furnace.

We switch from A/C to HEAT mode on the living room thermostat and adjust the temperature as necessary. No need to change the mode in the bedroom since it's A/C only. Just on or off and adjust the set point.

The only time we use the bedroom A/C is when both units are needed to cool down the rig. When the bedroom A/C is running, we set the temp on both units very low to force them to run at max.

On hot days, we'll lower the living room set point in the morning so the cooling gets ahead of the heat of the day.

RVFun4Us

Guess this is a thermostat that has many functions built in but only a couple that work with our rigs. Still playing around with this but have decided to forego the two programmed settings. Will try to play with the auto mode some more. If that doesn't work, I will go back to the basics, and turn furnace or AC on and adjust temperatures as needed.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Bob.....

Have the same rig as yours. When I want heat I set it for heat and when I want a/c I set it for a/c this is what I was told during our PDI.

RVFun4Us

Jim - that is what our PDI told us too. Just figured he was uninformed on the thermostat functioning. Guess we will do the same as you. Again, kind of funny there are functions to this thermostat that don't appear to work in our coaches.

woodworm

The Dometic ccc2 digital thermostat is capable of performing a lot of features. It all depends on which model a/c you have . (heat pump, heat strip dehumidifier etc) There are micro switches inside the thermostat that must match the control board in the a/c unit. Some features are probably turned off to match the a/c models capability. I will post the service tech manual for the ccc2

porthole

Retired
And one of the features appears to be having the AC unit blower on low when the heat (furnace) is on
The programming instructions seem to be a bit complicated when you look at the "quick start guid"