Dometic Power Awning

motoflash

We have a 2010 Landmark Augusta with a power awning. The awning is not rolling up straight causing the arms to not fully close. They are off to one side about a 1/2". I'm afraid that this will cause the arms to warp or damage the pins. Is there a way to adjust the arms to correct this condition? I've looked in the user's guide, but no info there.
Frank heard

caissiel

Your awning might have slid in the top grove.
A lot of trailers do not have any screw there to keep the awning from sliding. Yes do not operate till the awning is lined up. It might need a good pull to slide it back.
But if it slid out it might just slide back in easy.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Jimmy

Make sure the "Lock Down" arm Screw knobs on both ends are loose, sometime they will hang up and it will roll up crooked... Good Luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
With the awning extended, measure each side from the tube up to the rail. Our was 3/4 in out of square and caused a wrinkle. I was never able to do any adjustment that helped. I eventually replaced the fabric due to age and now all is good.

donr827

Your awning might have slid in the top grove.
A lot of trailers do not have any screw there to keep the awning from sliding. Yes do not operate till the awning is lined up. It might need a good pull to slide it back.
But if it slid out it might just slide back in easy.

Exactly what happened to mine.
Don

MTPockets

Mine does have a screw into the rail on the trailer, actually two - one on each end, but was doing the same as yours. I removed the screws and with a lot of effort was able to slide the fabric until it rolled straight. Replaced the screws. That was 6 months ago; now it's doing it again. I believe the fabric may stretch a bit during winds, rain wetting then drying out, so adjustment may be just a normal maintenance item - at least mine seems that way.

caissiel

It might move on the roller end. And still comes out of line.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I thought the awning was out of position on mine too but moving it even slightly in either direction caused the awning supposrt arm to not line up and close properly. Keep in mind, I have the old fashioned manual awning. Used for the last time on the 2007 Bighorns.:(