Dometic RM 1350 not cooling on Electric

Birchwood

When on electric or auto the fridge temp will go to 54 F and then stop.When I switch it to LP it cools
and temp drops to 36F.Has anyone experienced this and what was the fix?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You need to check the 120 volt supply.
You could have a different problem but that's where I would start.
The 120 receptacle is protected by the GFI possibly located in the bathroom. Be sure it is not tripped.
You should use your multimeter and check voltage at that receptacle.
If all checks out, remove the covers on the back side of the refrigerator and look for some small fuses. Check them.
That's all I got.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

When set to AUTO, there should be one LED lit in the display, indicating AUTO mode. If the LP light is also ON, you're missing 110V to the frig as Dave suggested.

If only the AUTO led is ON, I also agree you should check the fuses on the circuit board. There's also an inline fuse in the wiring bundle.

Birchwood

When set to AUTO, there should be one LED lit in the display, indicating AUTO mode. If the LP light is also ON, you're missing 110V to the frig as Dave suggested.

If only the AUTO led is ON, I also agree you should check the fuses on the circuit board. There's also an inline fuse in the wiring bundle.

I am betting its one of the heating elements as all fuses and 120 v is ok and the fridge tops out at 54 F. Something is working on electric but will not reach 36F .I have to wait until Feb 13 before an RV repair company can visit.

Westwind

Please keep us informed of the resolution to your problem since many of us on the forum have the RM 1350 and might need to know your resolution.

Birchwood

Repair update:It was the control module.No power(120 V) getting to the heating elements,
Three weeks on propane and now back on the grid.