Doors and/or door frames swelling

Matt750

We camped in our 2019 Cyclone 4007 for the second time. This time is was actually hot (around 90-95 degrees). It was cool in the morning, but in the afternoon it was hot. On the door side, which was facing the afternoon sun, the doors or door frames would swell up to the point where it was extremely difficult to open or close the doors (both garage entry door and main entry door). Screen doors would even catch on the frame. This is our 3rd RV and none of our other RV's would swell to this extreme. If they did, maybe the doors weren't as "tight" so it wasn't noticed. It looks like the door frame striker plate does not have a spacer to remove. Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to fix? I should note that I have replaced the door locks with the RV Lock digital/keyless entry locks.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My first summer down here in the hot Arizona desert was last summer, and the door on my Prowler warped from the heat.

Hot temps around here reach 127F degrees outside and close to 170F degrees inside the 5'ver while parked in storage.

It bowed out in the center and I would have to push in on the door lock to get it to snap into the lock plate.

I adjusted the lock plate out as far as it would go, but I still had to push in on the door.

Once the weather cooled off it was back to normal.

Matt750

I might try to fabricate a thinner striker plate. It doesn't get that hot here in West Texas, but it does get hotter than the 90-95 we were in! That's what I'm afraid of when the "hot" season rolls around!