Drain Cleaner??

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Does anyone know what drain cleaner/opener I can use in my shower? I have a very slowing draining shower and need to get it open before it stops draining completely.

Thanks

rick_debbie_gallant

You most likely have hair and gunk that has accumulated just below the drain cover with all the holes in it. Just pop it off with a Phillips screwdriver and use one of those drain cleaning strips with the sharp teeth on it to clear the hair. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davebennington

Keith,
Just a suggestion have you pulled up the little grate in the shower and checked for hair. I had to do this in our rig when the water would not drain quickly.

dave

klindgren

Keith,
Just a suggestion have you pulled up the little grate in the shower and checked for hair. I had to do this in our rig when the water would not drain quickly.

dave

Thank Dave and Rick. I have not popped up the screen. I didn't realize I could do that without causing a leak. I'll try your suggestion as I'm sure it is just hair and gunk in the drain. I was afraid I couldn't take the grid off without damaging the integrity of the drain system.

aatauses

Just use a small putty knofe and lift off the screen (three small tabs), put in a plastic "snake" , remove, and you should be all set. when replacing the screen make sure all three tabs line up before pushing it into place.
al

rick_debbie_gallant

Thank Dave and Rick. I have not popped up the screen. I didn't realize I could do that without causing a leak. I'll try your suggestion as I'm sure it is just hair and gunk in the drain. I was afraid I couldn't take the grid off without damaging the integrity of the drain system.

That is what I thought also until I followed the directions from another forum user. What a great format. Thank you Jim B. and Heartland for this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

"Thank you Jim B. and Heartland for this forum. "

AMEN to that!!!!

You're welcome Keith and Rick.

What started out as an idea to create a resource to find info on a new brand of RV, back in the fall of 2004 has really grown over the last 8 years into a resource for product owners and prospective owners alike. Owners helping owners - that's its strength. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this resource!

klindgren

You're welcome Keith and Rick.

What started out as an idea to create a resource to find info on a new brand of RV, back in the fall of 2004 has really grown over the last 8 years into a resource for product owners and prospective owners alike. Owners helping owners - that's its strength. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this resource!

Jim, that's exactly why I traded my year old Montana for my Landmark. This forum gave me so much information and help that it was a no brainer. All I ever got from my contact wtih SOB web page, was "contact your dealer." Not the kind of help I was looking for and certainly not the help I needed. Heartland and this forum have provided all that and much more -- a crazy bunch of folks I love to go camping with.