Draining Ice Maker Tray & Moving Chairs

DTucker

Just got home from our maiden voyage with new Grand Canyon.
1 - How do you drain the ice maker tray for short term storrage?
2 - Anyone have suggestions as to how to move the recliners in the rear for storage/transport? The bases of these chairs are apparently designed not to slide. I have a bad back and the only way we can move the rig is to literally pick the chairs up off the ground and set against the back wall sideways. Seems crazy that it should be that hard. Anyone do any modifications to these chairs?

jayc

Legendary Member
Flair, the manufacturer of the chairs, makes a molded plastic base that fits the bottom of the chairs that make them very easy to move.

Sorry but I can't help with the ice maker question because we full time in our Grand Canyon so it's in use all the time.

danemayer

I've attached the 2 pages from the Dometic RM1350 manual that describe how to winterize the icemaker. The tray will empty as the harvest cycle in step 10 proceeds.

Attachments

• Dometic RM1350 refrigerator Winterizing.pdf
    341.4 KB · Views: 35

Maverick

Apparently you dont actually have to drain the ice maker tray as it is made to store ice cubes so freezing shouldnt hurt. However I did drain mine just so the water wouldnt get stagnant and I feel better about not leaving water in it. I had to unscrew the tray from the back wall and lift it out to empty. That said you of course must clear the water from the water supply lines. That is another story and probably your owners manual tells the procedure. Also I have seen a couple of posts that explains that. Dont know what rig you have so cant tell you how to do yours but you have to find the shutoff and disconnect the plastic line and blow it out. Also you must blow air into the solenoid valve while cycling the ice maker manually. Some people say they they use the RV Antifreeze instead of blowing out but I prefer not to get that pink stuff in the icemaker as it would probably leave a taste when used again.
As for the chairs, I have a Landmark San Antonio so dont have to ever move the chairs as they are in the slideout. Just have to secure them with the provided strap when transporting. Wouldnt think they would make a rig where you have to move the chairs but again I dont know the configuration of your rig so cant help.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
If you do a search, (maybe for Chairs?) WDK (Bill Knight) did a great post about fastening those furniture glides to the bottom ring of the chairs. We did the same, as this was before Flair came out with the rings for the bases.

As far as the icemaker, I don't have one now, but in our MH, always used a sponge to remove the water from the tray. Just opened the valve on the outside line and let it drain. Of course, we don't get temps into the teens here.

jimtoo

Hi DTucker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

On the "Portal Page", first box on top left of this page, you will find contact information for Heartland and almost all of the suppliers of Heartland parts and pieces.

Jim M