Draining water tank on my 380

Mtnmauler

A manual did not come with this Torque 380, so it's a learn as you go thing. I need to drain water tank, it looks like the white hose underneath hanging on the drivers side is the correct one. Do I need the water valve on the side of 380 in any particular setting? also what are the Red and Blue hoses underneath in the front center for? winterizing? Hot water tank? We love this thing just need to learn more about it. Thanks for any help you can give me.:cool:

danemayer

Hi Mtmauler,

If this was purchased new, the blue pouch with all your manuals may be tucked away inside a cabinet or drawer somewhere. If not, the dealer may have taken it out to protect it and forgotten to give it to you. So you might contact the dealer to ask about it.

You can download the current trailer manual from the HeartlandRVs.com website. Here's the link.

In addition, we have an extensive collection of manufacturer manuals for appliances and subsystems. You can reach it from the TOOLS button at top of page. Look for HOM - Heartland Owner Manuals. You can also get there from this link.

Within the manuals section of the forum, we also have a number of owner-written user guides, including one on the water systems. Again, you can reach it from the TOOLS menu. Look for HUG - Heartland User Guides. Here's a direct link.

The fresh tank should drain nicely by opening the drain valve near the axles - usually on a while hose.

The red and blue lines further forward could be low point drains used in winterizing - not all models have low point drains and I'm not sure about the Torque models. It also could be for fresh tank overflow if you have the 4-Way Anderson Valve at the water inlet. Another possibility is the washing machine overflow drain line, if you have washer prep.

Another Torque owner might be able to give you more specific info on the red and blue lines.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the hoses have valves on them, then they are most likely drains. Especially the red and blue ones. These are the drain lines on a 2009 BH3670.

BlackT

Mtnmauler - I have a 2105 Torque 321 and the red and blue drains are connected to the hot and cold piping that goes to the tub/shower faucet, presumably to drain the water piping. When I winterized, I opened them and blew out the water with compressed air.