Drawer guides for inflatable sofa

Big-B

Hello,

I am looking for a source for drawer guides for the drawer beneath our inflatable sofa. I called Heartland after reading on this forum that they were usually pretty fair on prices but they quoted me $55.00 for a pair and that seems like about twice what they should cost. Does anyone have a source other than Heartland?

Thanks,
Brian

jbeletti

Brian - Sorry but I don't feel we'll learn where Heartland's sofa maker sourced their drawer slide from, but slides are readily available from many sources. Here's an 18" slide from Home Depot.

As you'll need to remove the old ones to install replacements, I suggest you remove them now to get a measurement and to review the exact style used, then stop by Lowes, Home Depot etc. to see if you can source them.

Big-B

Thanks for the reply Jim. I will be near a home depot later today and will check them out. The price shown in the link you provided was about $13.50. Lots better than the $55 from Heartland. They also didn't say whether it included shipping.

I had read on this forum that Heartland was the place to go for parts but not this part. If I find a direct bolt on replacement I will post it here.

Miller0758

Thanks for the reply Jim. I will be near a home depot later today and will check them out. The price shown in the link you provided was about $13.50. Lots better than the $55 from Heartland. They also didn't say whether it included shipping.

I had read on this forum that Heartland was the place to go for parts but not this part. If I find a direct bolt on replacement I will post it here.

Brian, I needed to replace mine last year and was successful using the ones from Home Depot ... direct fit. Now I just need to find an easy way to keep it from opening while traveling. For now, the golf clubs are doing the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big-B

Thanks John. Do you remember what size they were? Mine are 21 1/4" long on the outer slide. My latch is also broken just like yours. If I find a latch I will let you know.

Miller0758

Thanks John. Do you remember what size they were? Mine are 21 1/4" long on the outer slide. My latch is also broken just like yours. If I find a latch I will let you know.

I don't remember my size but they had various sizes in stock. Latch? Didn't even know there was suppose to be a latch. Now, that makes sense ... ha

wdk450

Brian, I needed to replace mine last year and was successful using the ones from Home Depot ... direct fit. Now I just need to find an easy way to keep it from opening while traveling. For now, the golf clubs are doing the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a red triangular wheel chock with a couple of sheet metal screws on the bottom to bite into the carpet. Installing this item is on my pre-departure checklist.

BTW, I kept having failures with the drawer slides, so I finally added a set of casters under the drawer to help bear the weight - no more drawer slides problems.