How does sofa fold out to a bed on Wilderness 2750RL

Ssthrd

Since I purchased my 2013 Wilderness remotely, I have a few questions that I just can't find out about from 1000 miles away. If someone can help me I would be grateful.

I asked Heartland to send the drawings for the unit, but they will not do it for some reason. I want to modify a few things to accommodate a third large person on our upcoming trip, and I dare not build anything without a plan. If anyone knows of a source, that would be great.

The more important question is in the title above. How does the sofa fold out to a bed? It seems like a very small sleeping area. Does it unfold once or twice?

danemayer

Hi Ssthrd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here. Hopefully another Wilderness owner will chime in with guidance on opening the sofa bed.

As for your modification, if you describe what you're trying to do and perhaps attach a picture (you have to make a few more posts before forum software will allow that), someone who's done something similar may be able to help.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My guess is that you lift up on the front of the seat and pull out slightly.

Then back should then fold down and lay flat.

At least that is how it's worked on both of the Heartland's we've owned.

Ssthrd

Hi guys. Thanks for responding to my question.

During my brief encounter with the trailer, I did exactly as you suggested JohnD, and the result was not encouraging for sure. What I got was the area of the seat plus the area of the back (laid flat) and the length which is well under 6'. Also, the upholstery is quilted and is very bumpy. As a sleeping surface, it doesn't look comfortable.

I was thinking that either it had to fold out one more time, or that maybe it truly is built for very small people.