Dual rear wheel potential

Bones

If even that. ...much like going from a 250 to a 350 is only like 400$...

Usually the only difference is in insurance premiumis!!..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

It is a difference of 10k at a minimum for similarly equipped. When I first shopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Well in a ford that's the diff in a exact equal equipped 250-350....

Your mileage may vary!

I bought the truck before the camper and the camper turned out to be heavier than expected

IronJ

Are you talking bout trading up or buying new??...because new when I ordered mine was literally 500 or less on the dealer sheet?.. (I shoulda gone 350 not that it would have mattered)

Bohemian

It is a difference of 10k at a minimum for similarly equipped. When I first shopped.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the truck before the camper and the camper turned out to be heavier than expected

Does it make any sense that adding a DRW axle to a 1 ton with no other changes would cost $10,000.00. No, it doesn't. I got my information, NOT by looking at trucks on the lot, but by looking at the prices used by GMC. Chevy, Ram, and Ford on their web site building apps. "Similar" trucks may not be all that similar. Take my truck, change from DRW to SRW and the GVWR, GCWR, Max towing, and max payload go down, from 5,700 lbs. payload to 4,000 lbs. payload. The price goes down about $1,200. Yes, if I go from long bed to short bed, it goes down again, price, GVWR, GCWR, etc.. It all adds up quickly. Increment by increment.

IronJ

And in all reality had I taken the 350 on their lot that was exactly equipped like mine that I had them order it would have been CHEAPER!! but it was 2 tone....i hate 2 tone....to each their own...

The options add up quick! A simple difference of up fitter switches and a universal garage door opener is 500$...want chrome mirrors?...1800$ chrome package!!..lol...moonroof? 800$

But I was referring (like you) to the prices of exactly equally optioned trucks straight from the build sheet in 2011 when I ordered mine

Bones

I was buying what was left over on the lot and that is where my difference is coming from. They wanted to get rid of it. Same here. The Ford is a left over. I like to buy what is left over because I can sometimes get a better deal. We will see what happens when I get home from our current road trip if it is still there.

- - - Updated - - -

I am also a 3/4 ton too

pegmikef

Ford buyers, if you are eligible for Ford's X plan, use it. It knocked about 8K off my DRW. This does not affect any dealer or factory incentives as you get all those too. The amount varies depending on the model and may be insignificant (as it was on an F150 I bought a few years ago). Here is an overview of it. I don't remember who all is eligible, but I know DAV members are.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

IronJ

That's what I used... svt of America members get x plan too....I have negotiated better than xplan as well...so it's not technically the best...but it's a significant amount on a 250/350

pegmikef

That's what I used... svt of America members get x plan too....I have negotiated better than xplan as well...so it's not technically the best...but it's a significant amount on a 250/350

Yeah, and my dealer had both a factory and local incentive deal going on that ended up being worth a total of a little over 15K. I did have to buy one of the two DRWs they had on the lot though.

IronJ

Nice plan. Too bad it doesn't look like I qualify.
There are clubs you can join that will qualify you. Of course they are not free...and you have to usually be a member for 6mo-1yr before you can use xplan.

Bones

There are clubs you can join that will qualify you. Of course they are not free...and you have to usually be a member for 6mo-1yr before you can use xplan.

Maybe I can qualify by owning an old 69 for many many years.

IronJ

You never know....Ford has xplan partner agreements of all kinds....lol

jnbhobe

I have a Fleet number but I was able to put together a better deal with X-plan and some other incentives, and they had someone who really wanted my 11 truck.

porthole

Retired
If in the market, the current Ford incentive of 0% for up to 72 months sure is hard to pass up.

Big heavy trailer, hard to beat a DRW for the task.

IronJ

If in the market, the current Ford incentive of 0% for up to 72 months sure is hard to pass up.

Well...when ford does 0% you lose other incentives/rebates...

So you still gotta look at all available options/rebates...the 0% is only on 2016 models but the incentives will only be getting better and better on the 2015 stock. ..

When I bought my 12 they had 0% but I came out cheaper by using my x plan and the slew of incentives and financing through ford. (Some rebates/incentives require ford credit financing)..then I promptly went and refinanced at less than 2% for 3 years at my credit union

But I digress...

Drw + big trailer. ..like pb and jelly....mmmmmm. just goes together and makes ya happy...lol

Bones

Yeah the 0% applies to the 15 and diesel and drw and there is one discounted as well. I want to get it but the wife is bucking because I do just fine with my current set up as she has said. She runs the finances so I can't say anything but wait. I'm crossing my fingers she changes her mind before the truck disappears. It is very very tempting

IronJ

So it is on 15 too...dealers may be a little more aggressive on price with one of those. ..

The 17 will prob debut at the TX state fair as usual....hope it ain't ugly...lol

Bones

So it is on 15 too...dealers may be a little more aggressive on price with one of those. ..

The 17 will prob debut at the TX state fair as usual....hope it ain't ugly...lol

Yup that is the only reason I am looking. Heavy discounts and 0%