Dual rear wheel potential

Bones

Oh What did I just do??????

I have joined the DRW club. I hope this thing tows better than my old set up.

A picture of the old one "not so old though" and the new one. I also got tired of taking the old one into the dealership for repairs for a new truck.
IMG_20150822_153613.jpg

Here is a better pic of the new rig.

IMG_20150822_193321.jpg

so specs
ASIN
4.10 gears
Nexun tires I think.
5th wheel prep
aux switches but I don't know what I will use them for

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones

It turned out the ford was sold when I got back so I bought the dodge instead. Thanks for all of your help

IMG_20150822_193321.jpg

IronJ

Ah well...that there dodge will git er done!!...congrats...

She's a purty one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Storm1972

Re: Oh What did I just do??????

You will never look back , same as mine and I drag a 4200 around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jam20ster

Re: Oh What did I just do??????

Best upgrade you could have made for your 5er. I'll never own anything but a dually again.

Last edited:

Bones

Thank you all for your advice. I am actually itching to get my trailer hooked up and tow around with the truck but I'm trying to put a few miles on the transmission and drive-train components before I do that. I had to readjust the feet on my hitch to get it to mount correctly but no issue there. The only thing I wonder is if I will need to adjust the height of my hitch since I have the auto level. Will it cause the front of my camper to stick up in the air?

Birchwood

SRW or DRW it doesn't matter.If you are within (GVWR) the weight limits of your truck it will handle fine.Most people move to a DRW simply because the SRW was overloaded.

roaddog28

For me I like the stability of the DRW. For years my wife and I towed our Cyclone 3210 with out 07 Dodge 2500 4X4 with a H.O. 5.9 TD. While the truck could pull the trailer it was not always the most stable truck. We sold the 07 and bought a one owner 03 Dodge 3500 long bed dually with a 5.9 TD. Not much different on towing the load of our Cyclone but the stability was much better. I am now convince that towing trailers as heavy as most Heartland trailers one should consider a dually over a single axle.
Howard

Bones

For me I like the stability of the DRW. For years my wife and I towed our Cyclone 3210 with out 07 Dodge 2500 4X4 with a H.O. 5.9 TD. While the truck could pull the trailer it was not always the most stable truck. We sold the 07 and bought a one owner 03 Dodge 3500 long bed dually with a 5.9 TD. Not much different on towing the load of our Cyclone but the stability was much better. I am now convince that towing trailers as heavy as most Heartland trailers one should consider a dually over a single axle.
Howard
I will be able to tell the difference in 2 weeks when I will be driving for 3 hours on some back roads. That is where I noticed the rear end moving around a lot.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I will be able to tell the difference in 2 weeks when I will be driving for 3 hours on some back roads. That is where I noticed the rear end moving around a lot.

Well, you do know that when you go 4-wheelin', your not supposed to take the trailer with you! :eek:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Found a used 2015 RAM DRW today, with only 9k miles. Man it is tempting. Everything I need except wrong color.