Duro tires (awesome) Solution?

hopcas

Heartland knows how to take care of their customers. Matt (I think that was his name) in the service dept. contacted me and said that 5 new tires were on the way at no charge. I asked what brand they would be, and he assured me they were not DURO. He talked like they were getting away from DURO.

A BIG THANKS TO HEARTLAND AND MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the new maxxis m8008st's mounted and balanced today! I must say that I was unaware of how much better the ride was with tires that are balanced before being put on the trailer. I love them. I think that as radials, they tow a lot better as well. Can't wait until this weekend for our next camping adventure!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
On the now closed NorthTrailTalk forum, we discussed the poor Duro tires over and over again. Glad to see Heartland may be going away from them. And yes, many of us had sidewall cracks after a year or so, even those who had their trailers in covered storage, in all parts of the country, with very little mileage on them. When a tire fails that way, that early, you do everything you can NOT to put them on again. We went with Carlyle tires, could not get Maxxis anywhere convenient (in 2009). Traded the NT shortly after.

GOTTOYS

Heartland knows how to take care of their customers. Matt (I think that was his name) in the service dept. contacted me and said that 5 new tires were on the way at no charge. I asked what brand they would be, and he assured me they were not DURO. He talked like they were getting away from DURO.

A BIG THANKS TO HEARTLAND AND MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure beats fighting and getting upset doesn't it? They do have great customer service at Heartland..Don

Well i just cleaned up my 2010 32QBS last month and found all the tires (DURO) dryrotted really bad, so i e-mailed Duro and they wanted pictures of the date that is stamped on the tires, so i sent them it and they said they only cover 24 months, well the date on the tire is 2008 so that meens Heartland put 2008 tires on a 2010 camper so they were out of waranty when i bought it. So we e-mailed Heartland and they said they dont cover tires even though it there fault for putting 2008 tires on it?????? So now i have to go spend more money to buy tires even though these tires only have less then 500 miles on them????

Well I wish I had read this thread about 3 weeks ago before we started on our 2800 mile round trip to Flathead Lake in Montana. We bought our 2010 280RLS Northtrail used in Feb. of 2010 so there was no warranty transfer. We had put very few miles on it. I noticed after our first short trip in June that we had some very slight cracking on the sidewalls and noted that I better start thinking about tires. The next trip came all too quickly and I had not done any tire research but promised myself that I would monitor the tires and pressures very carefully. After the first 500 mile segment to Hardin, MT I noted that the sidewall cracks were increasing and a slight crack was appearing at the treadline. I did some tire research that night in our campground on the WiFi and was frustrated with all the bad reports about seemingly all trailer tires. We headed out the next morning after double checking the 50 lb PSI at the station across the street. I was watching my mirrors closely, wondering if/when the tires might go. About 250 miles into the day at a reststop just West of Bozeman I noted that all four tires were now showing cracks between some of the treads--litterally disintegrating as we drove. We got on the phone as we drove talking to tire stores ahead of us. We found a Whalen Tire store in Butte that had five Towmaster ST205/75R14 for $102 balanced and installed and they were waiting for us when we showed up at 3 PM on Friday, July 1. We unhitched, went to fuel up the truck and get lunch and they had us ready to go by the time we got back at 4:15 to continue on to Flathead Lake ( a 500 mile day). I'm not real thrilled with the idea of the Towmasters but we were in the "beggars can't be chosers" category that day. After the fact, I've read about all the problems with the original Duro tires, even those who keep them covered like me. I see that some owners didn't even get past their first year but some got warranty replacements. I'm just glad I didn't have any failures or have to change any on the road. I'll monitor these Towmasters closely and based on this forum probably be looking at Maxxis tires next time.