E1 fault on thermostat

Mrz

I just got and E1 error code on my Dometic thermostat. How do I clear that code and what does it mean.

fritzwell

Try removing power from thermostat and see if it doesn't re-set.

Error Code:E1 Loss of communication between the Single Zone LCD thermostat and the moduleboard. LCD will cycle between E1 and the previous mode setting. Systemwill shut down.
E2 Open circuit or out of range Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and coolingoperation will be locked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E3 Shorted Indoor Temperature Sensor. Heating and cooling operation will belocked out. Fan operation can continue to operate.
E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). HeatPump operation will be locked out. Air Conditioner, Fan and Furnace operationcan continue to operate.
E5 Open circuit or out of range Freeze Sensor. Air conditioner mode of operationwill be locked out. Furnace, heat strip, heat pump and fan mode of operation cancontinue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Just experienced this with a friends unit and not quite sure how we cleared it but we did. Try toggling the MODE button though all settings and shut it down for 30 seconds and then Turn On and go to MODE you want. Sorry we cant better describe what we did.

- - - Updated - - -

Just experienced this with a friends unit and not quite sure how we cleared it but we did. Try toggling the MODE button though all settings and shut it down for 30 seconds and then Turn On and go to MODE you want. Sorry we cant better describe what we did.

danemayer

Hi Mrz,

Could you let us know what year/model/floorplan you have (for example: 2015 Bighorn 3610RL).

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Experienced same last fall. 2017 3270. Reprogrammed the thermostat by following the instructions for said thermostat found in the blue pouch that should have come with the rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdsharp

We had same problem. I believe in said booklet that came in blue pouch, it said to hold down "mode and zone " buttons at same time. This should reset thermostat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Loss of communication. Get some dialectic grease and after cleaning both ends of your communication cable apply the grease to maintain a healthy and corrosion free connection​

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NHCelt

Loss of communication. Get some dialectic grease and after cleaning both ends of your communication cable apply the grease to maintain a healthy and corrosion free connection

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Carl has the likely answer here. If you have the new Dometic Blizzard series, the connection from the thermostat to the main board is made via a telecom connector located in or near the AC plenum. Remove the AC shroud, and then the foam covering that covers the plenum area....the place where the air circulates in and out of the a/c. You will see what looks like an old-fashioned telephone wire that clips into a connector. That connection will corrode due to the damp and cool air flowing over it. Dielectric grease and clean up corrosion you find.

I seem to recall a TSB from Dometic on this at the same time as the fix for the AC leaking into the unit. If you have some other model AC, others will chime in but I expect it will be pretty much the same fix.