E1 message

RASKIDMORE

I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with the air conditioning unit control panel showing an E1 code....what it means? How to fix it? Any help would be great thanks Rich and Angela

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi Rich
It was great to meet you guys yesterday.
I found something on the web that says E1 is a loss in communication from the control panel to the unit.
So first thing I'd try is just check the plug in the back of the thermostat.
I don't think it's going to be there. My thought is it's going to be the cheap connection up in the unit. You'll have to remove the shroud/cover and the take the screws out of the front cover plate. In there you'll find a cheap phone line to phone line connector that gets moisture inside then starts failing. I think some have sprayed a cleaner in there and put Dielectric grease in it to prevent it from happening again.
That's where I would start if it were me.

I found my pictures

8e9a729fae8dee05339acdf30d772228.jpg

96d861cc2295cc6a23cbad68a44373b9.jpg

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HOGHAULER

I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue with the air conditioning unit control panel showing an E1 code....what it means? How to fix it? Any help would be great thanks Rich and Angela

System InitializationUse the system initialization mode to restore the Factory Defaults.System initialization is performed with the thermostat turned “off”.Press and hold the “mode” & “+” buttons until the display shows”- -“.Press the “mode” button once to exit the system initialization mode.

Try this worked for me. If not check phone like cable connection on rear of thermostat, then up on roof to check other end.

RASKIDMORE

It was great meeting you two as well. Well, I'm pretty sure it's a wiring issue and your pictures probably might be where the problem is. I ruled out the theromostat last night. No fuses have blown, so I'm guessing it's the wiring in the unit. I tried the resets, but none of those worked. It's stuck on E1.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions...Even though, I haven't got an answer yet, this Forum is great. Thanks to all who've given me suggestions. I'm thinking it's got to go into the shop...bummer.....

Hi Rich
It was great to meet you guys yesterday.
I found something on the web that says E1 is a loss in communication from the control panel to the unit.
So first thing I'd try is just check the plug in the back of the thermostat.
I don't think it's going to be there. My thought is it's going to be the cheap connection up in the unit. You'll have to remove the shroud/cover and the take the screws out of the front cover plate. In there you'll find a cheap phone line to phone line connector that gets moisture inside then starts failing. I think some have sprayed a cleaner in there and put Dielectric grease in it to prevent it from happening again.
That's where I would start if it were me.

I found my pictures

8e9a729fae8dee05339acdf30d772228.jpg

96d861cc2295cc6a23cbad68a44373b9.jpg

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RASKIDMORE

Hi all! Well, first let me thank you for all the help through the Forum. ****, this was better than the service department ;) Anyhow, it was in fact the "phone type" cable that us used between the unit and the thermostat. Seems it came loose. So, even though it'll be 105 degrees today...I won't be sweatin to the oldies any more. Thanks all.