Edge Air Conditioner Question

evolvingpowercat

*** Original Post updated Aug 13 after checking with Heartland Customer Service. The 2011 Edge was made with 11K BTU AC and I have what it was made with. There is a 2010 Edge Brochure on the Internet that was created pre-launch of the Edge and that has incorrect information on the AC size. The 2011 brochure correctly stated it as a 11K AC. ***

I have a 2011 Heartland Edge. Was investigating what I could do to improve cooling with less noise, and to see if I could add the optional heat strip since my air box had the heat position on the switch.

Had a surprise. All the Heartland Edge Brochure literature says 13,500 Air Conditioners were used. But mine has a Dometic Penguin I Model 640312 11,000 BTU Conditioner on the roof.

I bought mine used and am the second owner it is possible that some how it got downsized from 13,500 to 11,000 after it left the factory. But a question, has anyone else had their cover off and looked at their label to see what the model and size is? The same inside air box is used on Penguin 13.5 and 11 units so I don't think there is any way to tell except from the roof with the cover off.

Here is the sticker on the roof top AC currently on my Edge:

Photo3.jpg

Last edited:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Yep... Took off the covers, inspected and wrote down all the numbers. Serial / model / mfg. / amp draw / everything! Keep the info. in a small binder along with all the other components used to build our unit, so I will have it handy in the event I need to contact someone for service or parts. (And to verify I got what I ordered and paid for).

evolvingpowercat

Plan to keep my Edge for a few years so I just ordered a 13,500 BTU Dometic Brisk II to replace the current Penguin I 11,000 BTU A/C. Found one online from RV Parts Country in London, Kentucky for $ 549 with free shipping. Hopefully it will cool better and be much quieter than the current Penguin I on my Edge. Have to shout to even have a conversation in the RV with the current one running, and it takes forever to cool down the unit even with all the dump ports open.