Electric Brakes not working

rocrider50

Electric brakes are not working. I accidentally pulled the emergency brakes pin when moving the hitch rearward. I tried to drive away and noticed the mistake. I re-pinned the EB and everything worked. A few miles later I got a trailer wiring warning message. All the lights worked but not the brakes. I noticed that the EB module was melted so I replaced it. Still no brakes. I hear a whirring noise under the trailer but not from the brakes. Checked all the fuses on the truck and the trailer, nothing. Before I start tearing off the belly pan to trace the wires, anyone have a simple idea.

danemayer

If the switch melted, you had power applied for an extended period which may have also damaged the brakes. You may have to pull a wheel to check.

rocrider50

If the switch melted, you had power applied for an extended period which may have also damaged the brakes. You may have to pull a wheel to check.

Pulled all the wheels and each was working. Found a blown 30 amp trailer fuse in the truck. Fuse didn't look blown but replaced it any way and system worked. Fuse checked out, not sure what to think.