Electrical Interruption

doxiecouple

Need some quick help folks. We have a 2013 Landmark San Antonio.

Woke up at 1 Am as the rig was hot. Discovered that all AC power was disrupted except for the GFCI circuits. No AC, no refrig (switched that to LP) The thermostat shows a E-7 code meaning all AC power is lost to the unit, based on what the manual says. There was no storm activity in the area. I am parked at home base .

I would think there is a converter box or something to check fuses, reset button or something. I have searched everywhere I can think of with no luck.

Any help in locating this would be appreciated. Email winn315@aol.com.

Thanks

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I would check each leg supplying the unit for a failure in the supply end. Also are you hooked to 50 amp or what?

danemayer

I would think there is a converter box or something to check fuses, reset button or something. I have searched everywhere I can think of with no luck.
Hi DoxieCouple,

Have you checked the circuit breakers inside the coach. The 110V circuit breakers and 12V fuse box are usually located at floor level on the wall at the front end of the kitchen.

If you have some 110V stuff working, you've probably lost one of the two power circuits coming from the power pedestal. It could be one of the breakers in the circuit breaker box. Sometimes it's hard to tell if they've tripped. Turn each one off and then on.

If "home base" means you're plugged in at home, that raises the question of what type of outlet you're plugged into, and what adapters or extension cords might be in use. If you're using an adapter to plug into a 30 amp outlet for example, it may have failed internally on one leg.

If your power cord plugs into the coach, make sure it's seated completed.

If you have generator prep, there's a transfer switch inside the basement. It's possible one side could have a bad connection.

A voltmeter will help run down the problem by starting at the power source and checking the voltage there.

Good luck.

doxiecouple

Thanks so much for the feed back. It will give me a list to work from should it happen again. Once the park maintenance showed up for work I had him come to my site and look into it. I was indeed one of the legs that went out. he changed out some terminals that had "burned" (his words). All systems are working now. Home Base is a permanent site I have at a RV/Cabin resort, and use almost as a full timer. I do have 50 amp plug ins. Thanks again for the prompt reply with suggestions.

doxiecouple

Thanks again for the prompt reply with suggestions.I had checked circuit breakers, and was pretty sure of the problem, but campground maintenance was not here yet at work. Once they got here, I had him come down and sure enough, one of the legs went out in the box. He replaced those "burned connections" (his words) and now all appears well. Thanks to you and other Landmark folks who responded with suggestions. You folks are great. Thanks again.

doxiecouple

I also called the Heartland Customer Service and spoke with an electrical rep. He said there are no converters in the unit. That was my thought too as I had just helped my sister with her Class A when she had a similar problem. We found a converter box, hit reset and problem fixed. After searching the manuals and the unit for a similar converter with no luck, that is when I called the factory.

Rickhansen

I also called the Heartland Customer Service and spoke with an electrical rep. He said there are no converters in the unit.

Perhaps we're having a terminology dispute, but there most certainly a converter. It is what makes 12VDC from AC shore power to charge your battery and run many systems like the refrigerator and hot water heater boards, the CO monitor and probably most of your lights. That's not to be confused with an inverter that takes battery power and converts it to 110 volt AC.

TXTiger

I had the same problem at a park in Neb last month. The 50 amp plug at the pedistal kept shorting out and tripping. I had a Surge Guard attached. Had to plug into the 30 amp plug for the night. It worked fine. I only ran the A/C in the bedroom for the night I was there