Elkridge 37 Ultimate - Interior - Added removable shelf to support media devices

JeromyS

Hello everyone!

This is my first "mod" post mainly because I haven't done a bunch of mods yet to my unit (even though I've had it for 2 years). I've spent most of the time/effort/budget on having it upgraded by factory\Lippert\Dealer. Anyhow the 37 Ultimate has an entertainment center that is on the front wall and is centered with lots of nice "storage" for CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays etc. We had a Winegaurd dish satellite system put in when we bought it and needed a place to put our receivers and other media devices to attach to the TV. A shelf is a natural answer however the main slide comes right in this area so I knew it couldn't be permanent. We needed to take it down before every haul and put it back up after we're settled in a spot. We also noted that the wood was fairly thing and with the potential to have young children pulling down on the cables we wanted to ensure we had something that was beefy and could support a decent amount of weight.

So while browsing Home Depot for some other reason I found these little gems:
Closet Maid modular shelving systems

So I checked and I could purchase all the parts individually from Home Depot (didn't need to buy the kit I found). So after some measuring and some cutting and a few screws here is the end result:
WP_20140906_18_33_19_Pro.jpg
And with a Blu-ray player
WP_20140906_18_34_03_Pro.jpg

The shelf is easily removable/adjustable and is primarily supported by the large upper channel. Anyhow thought that I would share. I may be using these bad boys again for the actual front closet work. Probably cost more than it should have, but I'm happy with the results!