Enter Key not working with IE10 and VBulletin 4.2.0 (current forum software)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Return key does not work here...

I recently changed from IE to Chrome due to the IE10 upgrade not being compatible with my Norton 360. Even IE9 gave me occasional problems posting to this and another forum. Chrome has it's own little quirks, but so far no forum problems.

brianharrison

I experienced this issue a while back and found it was related to the combination of IE10 and the version of vBulletin software used on certain forums, including ours. Here is a link to that thread.

Another user more knowledgeable (Silverado23) made a couple of posts with some additional information.

For myself, I switched to Chrome.

Brian

piet10

I had the same problem a while back. Someone suggested clicking the "compatibility icon" in the URL toolbar. It looks like a page with a break in the middle. Cleared it right up and no problems since.

Al

MTPockets

I sure am glad there are people out there watching our backs. Reading this thread made me dizzy. IE8, IE9, IE10..????? I don't have a clue. But thanks to you all.

EandJ

Home computer that switched to IE10 has this problem. Could never get the compatibility trick to work.

What did work was when I want to start a new paragraph, instead of "return" I hold down the "ALT" key and type 0013. It's a pain but it works. I have to have it on a sticky at home because I always forget the secret.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Ok.. that helped.. I clicked on the Compatibility icon and the return key now is working..

Seee.... LOL

I appreciate all of your response's. I have used Chrome and I really don't like it. One, it will not capture rows and columns so they can be used into an excel spread sheet. Also when I go to download charges from my credit card Chrome des not give me a way to select how I want to download the file and If I am downloading an update and want to save the file to a specific folder it doesn't allow this, it just puts it where it wants it....

I was using IE8 and was having problems with it not being compatible with a number of web sites. I never liked IE9 so I uninstalled it back to IE8. I read up on IE10 and there was a lot of good comments on it so I installed it and so far with the exception of this problem here I am ok with it.

However this forum is the only forum I had a problem with the return key not working properly. I did a number of tests and had no problem with my computer. So....

Glad I posted here. This site seems to work. Never thought about using the compatibility mode.

BC

brianharrison

Bob,

Please revert your IE and try now to see if we've fixed the return key issue with IE.

Thanks

I still have IE10 and this is a test using IE ver 10.0.9200.16635. The return key does not work. Compatibility mode still enables the return key.

Brian

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Bob,

Please revert your IE and try now to see if we've fixed the return key issue with IE.

Thanks

I have the Compatibility mode turned off and it does not work... I also found in the Compatibility I can not use my cursor arrow down key to scroll down but can when it is turned off... Bake to Compatibility mode.... BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Back in Compatibility mode

Return key is working.

This programing thing is getting to be a real problem. I have been on the Garmin Forum talking with the folks that are building BaseCamp. This is a new program to make routes on the computer and upload them to the GPS. They have stopped using MapSource which everyone likes. One Version of BaseCamp does one thing then a new upgrade changes things that were working in others.

Stuff is getting to complicated.. Wanting to do to much with one thing.

OH Well we will see what the future holds...

BC