EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/24/2014 to 4/27/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKTalley

Anita & Wayne, you will missed! I'll miss my outlet mall shopping buddy!!!
Traveling Talleys have arrived on Bear Road!

VKTalley

Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow from north alabama ... Not yet Heartland owners, but looking intently for our first purchase in the next couple of years ... Just need one more child to graduate college. Looking seriously at the Bighorn 3755FL, just like the big tv without blocking a window, stepping up into a living room and a nice big window in the bedroom. Although the Landmarks are grabbing my attention with the disc brakes and upgraded standard features. We are arriving at Orange Beach for a long weekend getaway Thursday and hope to stop by and meet some of you folks at the rally. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?

Come on by! Everyone loves to show off their rigs!

GrumpyOneandTwo

Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow from north alabama ... Not yet Heartland owners, but looking intently for our first purchase in the next couple of years ... Just need one more child to graduate college. Looking seriously at the Bighorn 3755FL, just like the big tv without blocking a window, stepping up into a living room and a nice big window in the bedroom. Although the Landmarks are grabbing my attention with the disc brakes and upgraded standard features. We are arriving at Orange Beach for a long weekend getaway Thursday and hope to stop by and meet some of you folks at the rally. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?

This is my first Heartland Owners rally but I'm sure you will be as welcome as I am. You will be able to see more floor plans here then anywhere except maybe the assembly plant!!!!

See you in Gulf Shores,
Mike

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hey there. The Lynch's are headed down tomorrow. I saw that a meet and greet is scheduled for Thursday evening; is that a good opportunity for us "not yet Heartland" owners to drop by and say hey?
Come on down, Lynchs. You are welcome to come for the Meet & Greet Ice Cream Social. If you arrive early, drive down to Bear Road and find us. Donna and I are in Site 148 on the back road. We will get you started on the Tour of Homes. We will have quite a range to check out. The Meet & Greet will be held at the Activities Building at 5:37pmish.

Look forward to meeting you and telling you about our rigs and the Heartland Owner's Group.

Hogan

Tallyrver

Looks like we'll be leaving Tallahassee around 12:00 eastern ,it's about 4 hours :cool:
Just filled up the truck with some HydroCarbon fuel...
Wayne

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Hogan, It looks like you have a great rally going. Santha and I would love to be there but work comes first. Maybe next year.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hi Hogan, We'll be arriving on the 24th (early afternoon) and departing on the 28th. See you tomorrow.

hogan

Hogan, It looks like you have a great rally going. Santha and I would love to be there but work comes first. Maybe next year.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles
Randy and Santha, wish you could be here. We are blessed with great weather. Here is updated AGENDA for those who are here>Printed Copies will be hand-delivered. NOTE the change on time for the MEET and GREET to 6:34pm. That should allow more time for everyone to get here.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]What'son Your Agenda?[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Forthe AlaMissiBamaSsippi Spring Rally[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]April24-27, 2014[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]EarlyArrivals have stories to tell. Blue Angels were super.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Thursday,April 24[/FONT][SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]@ 6:34pm “Meet & Greet” Ice Cream Sunday Fixing atActivities Building behind Nature Center. Bowls, spoons, and napkinsprovided. You bring creativity. Prizes? [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Friday,April 25[/FONT][SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]10:00am Demo by Bob Mansolino on repairing/restoring man-made(Corian) countertops at Pavillion. The man knows his stuff. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]CarShow at The Wharf, Mullet Toss at FloriBama, Beach Walking, BikeTrails, Foley Outlet Mall.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]PotLuck Party @ 5:37pm at Pavillion. Bring something yummy to share anda favorite beverage. [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Saturday,April 26[/FONT][SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]@ 5:31pm L.A. (Lower Alabama) BarBQ Dinner with fixings “Complimentsof Heartland”. Bring your drinks and a dessert if you got it. InActivities Building behind Nature Center.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Group picture[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]at 5:00pm at the Amphitheatre. Wear a Heartland Tee-Shirt. Lots ofColour.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Sunday,April 27[/FONT][SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]th[/FONT][/SUP][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Last Day, some departing; some staying for the “After the Rally”Pot Luck. Place & Time-TBA.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Thankyou all for coming to share Gulf Shores. [/FONT]

MCTalley

We all had us some good ice cream and fixin's this evening. It was great meeting all the new folks here at the rally.

I should add that the "No Sugar Added" ice cream was the only one still nearly full at the end of the evening.

img_2701.jpgimg_2704.jpgimg_2705.jpgimg_2711.jpgimg_2712.jpg

hogan

My two favorites: Italian Wedding Cake and Creole Cream Cheese. Yummmm

hogan

Don't forget Bob's demonstration on Repair and Restoration of Corian countertops. 10:01am at the Pavillion. Look for us in the shady area.
Enjoy another beautiful day at Gulf Shores. Let's head over to Car Show at the Wharf. But don't be late for Supper.

Hogan

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Finally able to post some pics of the Blue Angels from Wednesday's show and one from Doc's Seafood that night.

Ricky and Rachel

Attachments

• Blue Angels 1.jpg
    Blue Angels 1.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Blue Angels 2.jpg
    Blue Angels 2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Blue Angels 3.jpg
    Blue Angels 3.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Blue Angels 4.jpg
    Blue Angels 4.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Blue Angels 5.jpg
    Blue Angels 5.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Blue Angels 6.jpg
    Blue Angels 6.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Blue Angels 7.jpg
    Blue Angels 7.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Blue Angels 8.jpg
    Blue Angels 8.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Blue Angels 9.jpg
    Blue Angels 9.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue Angels 10.jpg
    Blue Angels 10.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue Angels 11.jpg
    Blue Angels 11.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Blue Angels 12.jpg
    Blue Angels 12.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Blue Angels 13.jpg
    Blue Angels 13.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Blue Angels 14.jpg
    Blue Angels 14.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Docs 1.jpg
    Docs 1.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 49

hogan

Finally able to post some pics of the Blue Angels from Wednesday's show and one from Doc's Seafood that night.

Ricky and Rachel
Awesome pictures of the Blue Angels. Thanks for posting so everyone can enjoy! And Thank You for joining up with us for the Rally. Hope you are enjoying and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hogan

Tallyrver

Let's see...I'll take that one,and that one...no Waite I want that one.......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.7 KB · Views: 42

JanAndBill

Big thank you to Bob for a great demonstration on caring for and resurfacing solid counter tops. And, another big thank you for polishing the counter tops in our rig. Now if we could figure out a way to lead you home via our house??

hogan

Saw several of our bunch strolling the Wharf looking at the fancy auto's this afternoon. Dick Hill and I snuck off for a while. My favorite was a Studebaker Hawk; not the Larks. That new Vette was catchy too.

Great Pot Luck, but may need to find Speedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.