EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Tucson - 2/23/2016 to 2/28/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjp1442

Hey Garry,
Is the weigh in just so the owners know what their rigs weigh?, or is that a contest to see who comes closest to their actual weight?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Well, We certainly could make a game of it.....I guess each weigh in participant could write down a number and seal it in an envelope....give me all sealed envelopes with your names on the outside, after your weigh in.....we will open the envelopes and compare to the final report...
If you win, the loser (Number off by the largest amount) buys the winner ( Number closest to your report) a drink......Now how many want to play?

Wilson, by the way the original intent was to make sure you are within your RV & TV weight limits....SAFETY....

MTPockets

If the weigh in is like one we had several years ago, he will weigh and record each wheel on truck and trailer while hitched up, then separately the truck alone. From that data he will show your combined weight, trailer weight, truck weight, and your pin weight. The numbers will tell you if you are within your vehicle rated limits, plus with the individual trailer tire weights, you can determine your load sharing per tire.

Doublegranch

Rally Update:
Grand Canyon Room: We will have a Coffee/Ice Tea bar on Wed & Sat, the bar will be open at 9AM and last all day.
The Coffee/Ice Tea Bar will be Hosted by the Arizona Chapter and the vendor will be the KOA restaurant.

Doublegranch

Rally update:
Well just when we thought reservations were complete, I got two more requests and were able to get them into the Rally.
Welcome: Jo & Bill Smith, AZ and Ed & Susan Potts, Houston......
This takes us to 100 attendees and 50 RV's! EXCITING!!!!

Doublegranch

Well Wonders never cease to amaze me... Welcome Richard & Paula Davila to our Tucson Rodeo Rally !!!
They just purchased a BIg Horn 3 months ago and this will be their first Heartland Rally...
Please help me welcome Richard & Paula to the Rodeo Rally....
We were able to get them a site and this will put our Rally over 100 attendees....
Thank you all for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elliotf367

retired Massachusetts Chapter Leader
Yes to horse races. Do we bring our own stick horse :))

- - - Updated - - -

Count us in for weigh in
Elliot Farnsworth

Doublegranch

Nope....I have some wild never ridden horses for you to try out....
Just bring some padding in case you fall off...

Doublegranch

That is a JohnD thing....no one else is allowed....This is your show and you will be immortalized in the HOC history books!
Rodeo is waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That is a JohnD thing....no one else is allowed....This is your show and you will be immortalized in the HOC history books!
Rodeo is waiting for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm triple-quadrupledly scarederer than I was before . . .

Doublegranch

John:
Look at it in reality....the worst that can happen is you get bucked off, kicked in the head, stomped and tear a hole in my Chaps!!!!!!!!!

What is there to be worried about....

JohnD

John:
Look at it in reality....the worst that can happen is you get bucked off, kicked in the head, stomped and tear a hole in my Chaps!!!!!!!!!

What is there to be worried about....

I guess I shouldn't be so ascared, then . . . and maybe the Fireball will help take the rest of the edge off!

Doublegranch

What you really need to worry about is tearing a hole in my Chaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life insurance will take care of Cathy......

JohnD

By-the-by . . . Cathy wants to know what is different about an Arizona BBQ so she can figure out what to bring to the potluck.

Picking up the Prowler on Thursday after 10 weeks at the dealership getting warranty repairs . . . almost forgot what it looks like!

- - - Updated - - -

What you really need to worry about is tearing a hole in my Chaps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Life insurance will take care of Cathy......

I'll only need the life insurance if I rip a hole in the chaps . . . r i g h t ? ? ? ? ?

Doublegranch

John:

Arizona BBQ is just a name....the food is the same as Texas.....we will have BBQ Pork Butt and Grilled Chicken Thighs...
So tell Cathy to bring it on...what ever she provides will be a special welcome to the menu....

Oh by the way, on the opening night we will have " Rat Fudge Sundaes" Now that is an Arizona "Thing"

dkeetc1

Gary
we are on the list but plan to arrive 2/22 and depart 2/29. We would also like to be added to the bus list if you get any cancellations. Thanks, really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Doublegranch

Sue:
You will need to call Lazy Day's Koa for your dates & deposit, 520 799 3701.
If we have any cancellations on the bus, we will work you in. I have given up my seat and will stand
so we could get everyone on. See you in a month....Can't wait!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.