EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Tucson - 2/23/2016 to 2/28/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTPockets

Hey everyone....we just added Phil & Mary Ochoa to our Tucson Rodeo Rally.....
They have decided to come out of hiding and join us for an exciting fun filled week...
Welcome Phil & Mary....We have missed you guys....

Oh, forgot to add.....They have been assigned to the Wild Horse Relay Races...on Ron's team
Hey! .... It will be good to see you all! Yippie Ki Yi Ayyy!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
It will be great seeing you guys again. Missed you at the Central City Rally. Safe travels to Tucson and beyond,

Mrsfish

Yeah to Phil and Mary!!! We really have missed your silly faces! Let us know when you plan on arriving. If you come in early, maybe we can do something.

Mrsfish

[h=1]Fireball Whiskey Caramel Sauce[/h]1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Fireball Whiskey *

In a medium, heavy bottom skillet or saucepan, cook the sugar and corn syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has melted and turned a deep amber.
Remove from the heat and carefully add the cream and butter. Return to the heat and stir until combined and smooth.
Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Add the whiskey to the sauce and stir until completely combined.
Use immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. The caramel will firm up when chilled and must be re-warmed before using.
*Caramel lends itself to so many different flavors. If whiskey isn’t your thing, try a liquor or brandy. Or, you can substitute 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract for the whiskey.
[h=2]VANILLA ICE CREAM FLOATS WITH FIREBALL WHISKEY CARAMEL SAUCE[/h]Vanilla ice cream
Vanilla soda
Fireball Whiskey Caramel Sauce
Whipped cream
Chocolate shavings or sprinkles
Red Hot candies

Place two scoops of ice cream into a tall glass. Add vanilla soda to the glass and pour the whiskey sauce overtop. Add a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate and Red Hots.

What say you heartlands?? Should we try this at the rodeo rally?

jdfishing

Is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should I call the campground directly? If there are still seats available on the rodeo bus, we would like two of those. Sorry to jump in at this late date, but our plans changed and we now have that time available. Please let me know how to proceed if space is available. Thanks, John and Deb

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Is it too late to sign up for the rally? Should I call the campground directly? If there are still seats available on the rodeo bus, we would like two of those. Sorry to jump in at this late date, but our plans changed and we now have that time available. Please let me know how to proceed if space is available. Thanks, John and Deb

[John & Deb: The Rally block is sold out but I did get another coupled added this morning. I will call and see if I can get another site. I will PM you tomorrow. The Rodeo tickets for our block were all pre- sold when I ordered them, I will give you a number to call to obtain tickets next to our block. If we can get you in, we should be able to get you on the bus, pending the decision on another couple. ]

Doublegranch

Wow....Just confirmed another couple for the Tucson Rodeo Rally:
John & Debbie Kramer....Welcome. They took the last seats on the Bus for a total of 54 attending our group Rodeo and Charter Bus.

We currently have 44 RV's for 87 HOC members attending this Rally!!!!!! SUPER...

This will be an exciting time and another Big Thank you for all who are attending...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Garry . . . check is in the mail (yeah . . . right . . . :confused: :eek: :cool: ) for the rodeo and bus tickets!

Sorry I took so long . . . hadn't written a check in a couple of years and couldn't remember where my checkbook was (found it in my old laptop case - good thing I hadn't tossed it - I suffer from CRFS - Can't Remember F'ing S#!+)!

Also, I will be calling the RV park tomorrow to lock in our reservation as we haven't quite decided on the dates we are planning on arriving and leaving!

As for the photography workshop . . . perhaps I shall attend! :p

I am a dummy when it comes to cameras . . . :eek:

Speaking of which . . . how are you coming along with your new camera?

Doublegranch

JohnD:

Hope you remembered how to fill out the check! If not just send me a blank one and sign it....I will help you!!!!
Happy to know you will consider the camera class....I think you might just learn something from the "Digital Professor",
I think you might have seen some of his work, we can discuss after I announce the name....

My Camera...wow...it's got as many complicated buttons as my new RAM....I need a refresher course for sure, so will sign up as well for the class.
Safe Travels and can't wait to see you guys....Make sure Cathy brings her stuff for sale on the Arts & Crafts table....

JohnD

JohnD:

Hope you remembered how to fill out the check! If not just send me a blank one and sign it....I will help you!!!!
Happy to know you will consider the camera class....I think you might just learn something from the "Digital Professor",
I think you might have seen some of his work, we can discuss after I announce the name....

My Camera...wow...it's got as many complicated buttons as my new RAM....I need a refresher course for sure, so will sign up as well for the class.
Safe Travels and can't wait to see you guys....Make sure Cathy brings her stuff for sale on the Arts & Crafts table....

I never did get a chance to check out your new truck at Central City . . . I will in Tucson!

We can't wait for the Tucson Rally . . . it will be the next time we get to use our Prowler on the road (which is at the dealership right now - two weeks now - getting warranty issues fixed)!

We are getting itchy about hitting the road and going camping again!

Cathy has been working on a bunch of new projects so I'm sure she'll have a lot of stuff ready for the rally!

neilandnanci

Garry, Did you put us on the bus? I know we had to get our own tickets for the rodeo. Should I send you the money now or when we see you in Feb.

Doublegranch

Neil:

Sorry the bus has sold out. I didn't get word from your post a week ago that you had purchased tickets to the Rodeo.
The last late sign ups let me know they had tickets and I booked them on the bus. Send me an email and we will try to
figure something out.

I have a few that have not paid, if they have changed their minds, I will put you in their spot.

jdfishing

Hi Gary: Thanks for all your help thru the sign-up process. I called the campground and confirmed our reservation. ( The list shows I'm staying elsewhere) Not sure what that means. Also ordered the rodeo tickets. Really looking forward to your rally.

Doublegranch

John: Thanks...you are good...the Staying Elsewhere are the two below...they are not at the Rally site....you are above the "Note"....
Safe Travels and will see you soon!

JohnD

JohnD:

I put my scratch mark on it . . . that's e'nuff, ain't it :confused:

Cathy said sump'thin about a stamp . . . whatz that :confused:

chiefaret

JohnD:

I sent the check but it hasn't cleared, seeing as I don't trust USPS, hope you got it???

Looking forward to this rally! Can't wait to see John D in his chaps at the photo class. True it's gonna be x-rated???

JohnD

I sent the check but it hasn't cleared, seeing as I don't trust USPS, hope you got it???

Looking forward to this rally! Can't wait to see John D in his chaps at the photo class. True it's gonna be x-rated???

Hey Steve . . . can't wait to see youz guyz again!

I heard it is gonna be 'Triple Z' rated (judging by my 'costume')! :p

You'll need your 3-D glasses . . . :rolleyes:

Sshhsssssshhhhhhhhh . . . by the by . . . I'm sure I'm gonna need more than a few shots of Fireball to make this happen . . . :angel:

Goin' boot shoppin' next week . . .

Plus, Garry said that my hat "Ain't no cowboy hat!" . . . so I gotz to getz one of thoze, 2!

JohnD

I wonder . . . is the photo class before . . . or after the 'JohnD in the Chaps 3-D' event??? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.