EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Central City - 9/24/2015 to 9/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, we left this morning after another great rally. Thanks Monica and Don and your wagon masters for all the planning and preparation you put into a fun-filled weekend. Looking forward to the next one.

We are now home and unpacked, and backed into the side yard!

We had a blast as always!

Don and Monica outdid themselves yet again!

Missed some of our Heartland friends (Ronn & Sarah and Phil & Mary) . . .

But met some new friends . . . Dave & Donna from Texas and Dan & Ann Mayer now from Colorado!

Thanks Dan for coming over and getting the cable line to work in our Prowler . . . now we will be able to watch the Bronco's game when we are up in Blue Mesa in two weeks (no OTA available there)!

And a sad note . . . Craig & Tena are leaving us for Arkansas . . . but we will be seeing them again soon . . . we will miss you both (tears in our eyes)!

Garry & Rick . . . sorry we didn't get to see you both off . . . but we were still sleeping when you left . . . but we will see you in Tucson in February!

Everyone else, we can't wait to meet up next spring for our 2016 Colorado HOC Rallies and meet & greets this winter!

I will post some of the photos as soon as I go through them!

Here are a couple I posted in another thread of the Texas Hold'um Poker Run (of course, these are at our trailer)!

HOCcentralcity-IMG_4194.jpg HOCcentralcity-IMG_4196.jpg

By the by . . . we did drive down Hwy 6 through the tunnels on the way home . . . and we still have our air conditioning unit! :eek:

MTPockets

Great time here in Central City.. Weather was perfect and as stated, Don & Monica are great hosts. We had a wonderful time. Hope to see you all soon. Terry & June

JohnD

Great time here in Central City.. Weather was perfect and as stated, Don & Monica are great hosts. We had a wonderful time. Hope to see you all soon. Terry & June

Hey Terry . . . great meeting up with you guys again!

We had a blast . . . as usual at every HOC event we have attended thus far!

Can't wait to see you again in Tucson next February!

MTPockets

Hey Terry . . . great meeting up with you guys again!

We had a blast . . . as usual at every HOC event we have attended thus far!

Can't wait to see you again in Tucson next February!
. Great seeing you & Cathy again. Tucson is not that far off.. See you guys there.

JohnD

. Great seeing you & Cathy again. Tucson is not that far off.. See you guys there.

Already counting the days . . . !

I unplugged the pigtail this time before backing the Prowler into the yard . . .

Even though it is 10 inches shorter, it is still long enough to catch on the receiver hitch of the truck!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Arrived at Elephant Butte this evening and will head out around 8 am tomorrow...
Wonderful time in Central City....Don't drink the water! or was it the "Fireball" Rick has been sick since we left...
Thanks Don & Monica, great Rally!

Last edited:

dlw930

Donna and I second Dan's thanks to Monica and Don for putting on a great rally. We were blessed to be able to participate. Made new friends and had a great time socializing, eating, panning for gold and taking in the awesome Colorado scenery!

We made it as far as Dalhart, TX today when we pulled into the Corral RV park for the night. We'll see how far we get tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
What a great Rally! The weather was perfect and the aspen colors were gorgeous. Thanks to Don & Monica for a fun rally. It is always good to meet with old friends and make new ones. Also a fond farewell to Craig & Tena, you will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
It really was a FUN rally!! I'm worn out but it is all worth it...Don & I had a great time!
I can't wait to see all the photos John took of the different events/gatherings.
Thank you all for your positive involvement:) we are looking forward to our May rally:)

Tool958

For those that didn't make it . . . just thought I'd rub it in!

Here is this morning's view from our site:

View attachment 40373 View attachment 40374

Thanks for posting these pictures. I think you are in the same site we were. The wife and I were there in August for a week. It is quite a change with the aspens colored up. It is some beautiful country and was the first time we had been there. Made the mistake of coming in off of I-70. I can see why they call it a truck killer. We were ready to go back after we left, we enjoyed the stay so much. Hope to get back there next year.

JohnD

Thanks for posting these pictures. I think you are in the same site we were. The wife and I were there in August for a week. It is quite a change with the aspens colored up. It is some beautiful country and was the first time we had been there. Made the mistake of coming in off of I-70. I can see why they call it a truck killer. We were ready to go back after we left, we enjoyed the stay so much. Hope to get back there next year.

We were in site #44 . . . second site on the left after rounding the curve to the upper level.

Definately an awesome view!

I'm surprised that we never found this gem of a park before now.

This will be our new park for when we want a close by get-away.

Tool958

That was the site we had. Woke up to that view every morning. We were there when the Perseids meteor shower was at the peak period. Stayed up one night to watch it after the rains moved through. Never saw so many stars in either one of our lives. I think we counted 31 meteors in an hour. Really something to see. We are definitely going back again someday. We were on a loop home after Sturgis and just happened to find it looking for reservations. One thing I'll say is that it was the hardest grade to climb to a campground we'd ever been on.

Status
Not open for further replies.