EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: DE, Lincoln - 7/22/2011 to 7/24/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Well, we've had the "not really a rally, rally"....as Duane suggested, how about the "it's really a hot rally, rally".....this was really extraordinary, unusual weather that I think a lot of states were locked into...not just DE. But we made the best of it and as Terry said..."the heat tried to break us, but didn't!" Well, it did break some, we had some illnesses from being out in the heat a lot... I was not one thank heavens...but I used to do that as a teen...and I remember how it feels.

We had a great time! Met new owners and first time rally-ers. Hope y'all had a fun time and you'll be back to party with us again soon.

This was a great practice for the first NE Regional rally in 2012 and hope we don't run into the problem with the heat again. Rest assured we will schedule to avoid the hot summer!!

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help so that things could run smoothly.

Until we meet again, happy trails!!!

gschaaf

Thanks to all the heartland Nj,PA,NY,MD,VA rally leaders Fran and I had a great weekend even having the grand kids and having to watch sponge bob every day. We made it home safe and sound and the kids went home and we're enjoying the peace and quiet again. Thanks again we had a blast and the band rocks!!!!

Fran and Glenn

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We want to thank everyone for their patience with our "Heat Wave" Rally! July is usually hot, but not this hot! We have had a great time but I must say that I couldn't handle the heat as well as I thought I could. We are still here and I have spent most of the day just sitting in the AC and drinking water trying to catch up on what I sweat out behind those drums.

Thanks to everyone for your help and especially want to thank the One Horse Town Roadies! All your help to get the band and the EZ Up's packed up was really appreciated.

jbeletti

How does a rally group stay together in 100+ degree heat??

Simple - Move the festivities to the pool!

Thanks to Delaware Beaches Jellystone Resort for keeping the pool open almost all night - every night!!!!

I recognize all those mugs! Relaxing time in the pool.

jbeletti

I too would like to weigh in on this rally. Hot? Yes! Fun? YES! Like anything, a rally too is what you make of it and most of certainly made the most of it. Great band, great food, great pool, great people - great fun! Thank you Chapter Leaders for planning a fun time and doing your best despite the heat. Thanks to all attendees - hope you had some fun! ...and sweat off a few pounds :)

We left Lincoln, DE around 10:30 or so this morning. We pulled into Fort Chiswell Campground near Max Meadows, VA around 8:30 tonight. Traffic was slow getting out of DE and south of DC. Plus, our rest breaks are extra long with Nancy's ankle thing. We'll push into Crossville, TN tomorrow afternoon!

Jim

JIM-GERI

Just Wanted to say GREAT JOB by all. We had a real good time its also great to see our Heartland Family. See you guys in MD. Thanks Jim&Geri:)

porthole

Retired
We came, we roasted, ate crabs, mussels, roasted, stayed in the pool each night till 12:30, roasted with a crazy band, another great pot luck, finished just in time to work up another sweat taking a group photo, roasted some more and into the pool again. Final day woke up to - yup - hot again, breakfast at the clubhouse, then finished off the rally with a jog around the campground chasing a thunder phobic golden retriever.

For those that missed the movie Friday night, it was "Polar Express".
For those that missed the movie Saturday night, it was - oh yeah - there was no movie and the band could have played in the evening. It was all good though.

Great rally, fine job by all the organizers.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Speaking of group photo.... I went to sick bay right after dinner so can someone please post the group photo!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Well we made our first Rally and what a "Hot" place to meet new friends. Thanks to all Chapter leaders especially Debbie and John, they got us involved in this, we have been looking for an organization like this for years and it looks like we found it. I learned, I ate, I drank, I laughed and I sweat more than I ever expected. So much we decided to attended the Maryland Rally Sept. 9-11. Looking forward to see all our new friends in Sept. Stay "Cool" and "Safe" until then.

porthole

Retired
Make sure to do a tick check on the animals.
We have found several so far, not including one that was crawling on me during the pot luck.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Make sure to do a tick check on the animals.
We have found several so far, not including one that was crawling on me during the pot luck.

Well Duane...that's what happens when you park out in the north 40! You should have seen the Black Widow I killed on Sunday while we were packing up.. She had made herself comfortable down in the sewer outlet and had hitched a ride out on my 90degree sewer connector. Scared the CRA- out of me!

Vtxkid

We left and got home yesterday afternoon... Great time even though the heat played a big roll. Thanks to all that put this event on. It was great to see all the "gang" and meet new ones too. Take care and see you down the road...

porthole

Retired
Did you get the awning in in time? When I was chasing the dog the wind picked up and your awning started to flap, Knocked on the door but no answer.

Vtxkid

I had noticed when we pulled up that it had just flapped... I checked the awning out to ensure that it didn't get damaged and it was fine. Right after that, the wind died down so I kept it out. I am thinking that the shocks prevent the awning from taking a hard landing when the awning turns slack... good thing! :)
Thanks for checking though, Duane...

CampHOG

Jim and I had a really good time catching up with everyone, especially in the pool. I've been chilled a couple times since we got home and I keep reminding my self of the rally heatwave. I reached my max on Sunday around noon and all I wanted to do was get home. Everyone did an amazing job..... Deb I hope you are feeling well now (I imagine it probably took a few days to totally recover) Thanks for everything....

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
In my earlier post regarding our first Rally this past weekend in Delaware I failed to thank all my new friends that help put on my new Trail Air hitch. To Duane, Greg, Lou, Calvin, John and numerous other rv'rs that I already forgot there name, THANK YOU! Our ride home was fine, Duane the hitch worked as expected, nice ride. I do have to admit I probably looked in my rear view mirror more than out the windshield and still made it home safe. Thanks again guy's and I am available at any rally we attend to help others or yourselves.

camperjohn08

Nancy & I had a nice time @ the Rally... But it was surely hot.. We did get in a Rally Campfire Sunday Night.. It was only in the mid 80's by then, so the fire actually felt good..The Band was Great, a nice attaboy to Deb for putting it together.............and the Pool was nice too.. Nice seeing everyone once again... The drive home was uneventful, there were bets on our departure time monday morning.. I said 0930 but as usual we were gone by 0800.. I don't know who won the bet though.. Looking forward to another Rally.. Maybe the Maryland Rally in Sept..
John & Nancy

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
So glad that we were able to have some "hot fun" in Delaware! Thanks to everyone for your concern about my illness and I am feeling so much better. Still some associated muscle aches but man that was some serious hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.