EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: DE, Lincoln - 7/22/2011 to 7/24/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsonwheels

I know this rally is gonna be one for the books!!!!!!!!!;) I believe we really could've convinced Reta (Flash) to be there with you folks but as some of you know we've had the family trump card played as well.

ENJOY this rally for us! We'll be back in the TV with the wheels turning before you know it.

Ya'll have fun ya heah!!!!!!!!!

Dick

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dick, Please give Reta a hug from all of us!!!! Glad things are pulling together for ya and you already know how I feel about family! Do what you need to do and we'll catch up with you real soon. Love to ya both!

jbeletti

Hey DE rally gang,

Nancy and I are coming to this rally! We were not able to 100% commit to it until Nancy's doctor appt. back in Chicago on Tuesday. Things are progressing well with her recovery, such that we are able to make this trip. We are well over half way. We're near State College, PA this morning and will push into Lincoln, DE late this afternoon.

Called Jon and Patti last night while we were driving and turns out they were only a few miles behind us! PA is Jon's territory so he decided to peel off I-80 behind me and start heading south a bit. We'll catch up with each other at some point today - unless they got up and out at 6 am! Hoping to get on the road by 8:30 ourselves.

Looking forward to this rally, no matter the weather. Getting together and having fun it what it's all about, rain or shine :)

Jim
and Nancy and the Yorkies

porthole

Retired
Found a crab shack last night, as recommended by Brent at the CG office. He also told us if we were interested to let him know and he would make a call.....
That worked out well, got there, gave our name and they said yes we are expecting you, come this way - right past a small crowd sitting outside waiting for a table.

I don't know what current crab prices are, and this seemed a little high, but they were large and excellent!
A dozen large crabs actually counted out to 14 and includes a daily special of very good mussels. Never had deviled eggs before in a restaurant, these were very good too. And I only got charged for 1 one draft Yeungling - maybe it was the phone call, maybe not - all is good!

Attachments

• IMG_20110720_185503.jpg
    IMG_20110720_185503.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20110720_191402.jpg
    IMG_20110720_191402.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 24

Vtxkid

Found a crab shack last night, as recommended by Brent at the CG office. He also told us if we were interested to let him know and he would make a call.....
That worked out well, got there, gave our name and they said yes we are expecting you, come this way - right past a small crowd sitting outside waiting for a table.

I don't know what current crab prices are, and this seemed a little high, but they were large and excellent!
A dozen large crabs actually counted out to 14 and includes a daily special of very good mussels. Never had deviled eggs before in a restaurant, these were very good too. And I only got charged for 1 one draft Yeungling - maybe it was the phone call, maybe not - all is good!
Looks pretty good Duane... we might have to get the address from you and try that place out too!

porthole

Retired
Looks pretty good Duane... we might have to get the address from you and try that place out too!

About 12 miles south of the CG on the northbound side. "The Surfing Crab" small blue and white building.
The blue claws are imported from Lake Pontchartrain, LA

porthole

Retired
They are gone already, they only stay during the week and usually leave by Thursday. I did try getting them to come to the pot luck though

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Good Morning from Jellystone !! Took the boys for a walk at 5am counted 24 Heartlands in the park . Going to be another hot one it's 82degs . For those coming in today safe travels !!!! See ya in the pool !!:cool:

dieselsweetheart

Just waiting on our rendezvous time with the Gruners....then we'll be on our way! We are bringing them down the way WE travel to DE. They're gonna have to buckle their seatbelts...hehe

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Had a last minute change of plans yesterday afternoon that freed up our weekend again, so at 4:00 we decided to re-sign up for the rally. Arrived last night at 9:40pm. No problems getting in site, just need to adjust my location a little this morning so I'm on centered on the pad - couldn't quite achieve a level status last night. We're on 151 (across from the Bylinski's). So glad to be here - even with the heat.:)

jbeletti

Cool Gus - I'll walk down to say hi when I feel brave enough to venture out :) I added the window shades on 3 of the outside windows, so that will help today. See you around!

Jim

porthole

Retired
So - will this be the first "it's too hot to go outside" rally??????? We'll all "connect via Wi-Fi?

Even Molly doesn't want to stay out - and she loves the outdoors

Attachments

• IMG_20110619_205813_b.jpg
    IMG_20110619_205813_b.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 26

jbeletti

Hot here today like it is in many parts of the country. I smoked up some ribs and pork shoulder. Stayed indoors a lot. Ventured out later as the sun went down. Went to dinner with rally friends, helped deliver some rally bags, then went to the pool with a ton of other Heartlanders. It was very refreshing. Breakfast at the rally hall in the morning :)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
How does a rally group stay together in 100+ degree heat??

Simple - Move the festivities to the pool!

Thanks to Delaware Beaches Jellystone Resort for keeping the pool open almost all night - every night!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.