EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: DE, Lincoln - 7/22/2011 to 7/24/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

After taking inventory of my rally shirts and what they are made of, there is only 1 shirt that was a 50/50 and that was 2010 NJ rally shirt. All the rest are 100% cotton (including my PA shirt of 2010) so I'm not sure what I was thinking that 50/50 was commonly used. My bad. The DE shirts WILL BE 100% cotton...as I haven't seen any issue with shrinking of the other rally shirts I have.

So, 100% cotton, DE shirts. Order now!!!

dieselsweetheart

Karen, they are Gildan Ultra Cotton. They are nice shirts, and thinking about it...I didn't have shrinkage with any of them. What I think happened is I heard comments about the Goshen shirts being 100% cotton and how they were going to shrink. But I have been to 3 national rallies and a few state rallies that had shirts, and all but 1 were 100% cotton.

dalspot

I've got to have that brand/style in our collection of shirts somewhere! I'll double check the sizes I told you. Thanks!

Karen

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Add Kevin and Nelly to the rally list, our daughter, Jenni, and grandson, Brian, should be joining us unless something changes between now and then. We will be on 143 (if I remember correctly). Also would like shirts, seems like rally shirts are all I wear these days. Will need 2 XL's, 1L, 1S (for grandson). We plan to pull in on the 19th and stay for 1 week. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Delaware.

Kevin

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are pleased to announce our Heartland Gives Back Initiative for the Delaware Rally. We will be collecting needed items for The Home Of The Brave. The facility is a 15 bed housing facility in Milton, Delaware that helps Armed Forces veterans regain control of their lives upon return to civilian life.

Veterans of the United States have a long history of going to extreme efforts to care for their fallen comrades on the battle field. The Home of the Brave intends to extend that tradition to those veterans who have fallen since their return to civilian life and are now homeless.

The Home of the Brave is a non-profit organization founded in 1992 by eight Vietnam Combat Veterans, each contributing $1.00. Their main objective was to help homeless veterans and provide them with some sort of shelter. In 1994, after many long hours of fundraising, the volunteers were able to open a four bed shelter in Milford Delaware. In 1995, a grant was received from the Veterans Administration (VA). This helped purchase the current 15 bed shelter just off Rt. 1 in Milford, De.
The Home of the Brave is handicap accessible and open to all eligible veterans, male and female, on a space available basis.

Clients are initially accepted on a one month basis with extensions granted based on motivation and need. The primary goal is to assist veterans in gaining control of their lives. We offer a hand up, not a hand out.

For more information about The Home of the Brave visit their website at http://www.home-of-the-brave.org/index.html

More Information about specific donation items will be posted early next week after I speak with the Lacey, the case manager.

porthole

Retired
If anyone is interested, here is the campground map with stars where everyone is situated.

I'm just wondering what Duane did that got them sent to the corner :confused: ;)

View attachment 13560
View attachment 13559
sites2.jpg

Requested it :cool:

ringhanger

SHIRTS SHIRTS SHIRTS!!! I am in the process of designing a rally shirt for this inaugural 5-stater rally.... if you'd like a shirt, order with us now. I am going to order the 100% cotton. Just put your size here. Shirts will be $10 a piece and you can pay me at the rally!!

I will take a large and Diane will take a med.
Thanks, Bob & Diane
PS Bonnie & Clyde will go natural !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.