EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, SEFFNER - 3/11/2011 to 3/13/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Wow - what a great first night of the first Florida rally. Mickey introduced 2 principals from Lazy Days who then welcomed us and chatted briefly about their association with Heartland and their success in the first 3 months of being a dealer for us.

An awesome catered meal followed.

We ended the evening with DJ entertainment. This guy really knew how to get the crowd involved. Dick Hill stole the show! Though he may not admit it, as shy as those from WV/FL can be :)

We had at least 2 or 3 couples express interest in joining the club, so Julie and I hope to get them added to the club roles tomorrow.

Mickey had a nice surprise for attendees with Florida Rally hangers for their club badges.

There are a couple of schedule changes and for anyone here at the rally reading this, you'll get the agenda addendum in the morning from Mickey and here's a copy of it:

Heartland Owners Club Florida Chapter

Rally Agenda Addendum

This agenda replaces the agenda that was included in your rally packet. Note that the events do overlap. Please partake in whatever interests you.

Saturday
  • 10:00 am to 11:30 am – Heartland product demo at sites 124 & 125
  • 11:00 am to 12:00 pm – Goodyear Tire presentation in the rally hall
  • 11:00 am to 1:00 pm – Lunch at the Lazy Days Café in main dealership building
  • 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm – Florida D.O.T. presentation in rally hall
  • 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm – Towing Tips by Lazy Days in rally hall
  • 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm – Dinner and Entertainment in rally hall

Sunday
  • 8:00 am until it runs out – Coffee and doughnuts in rally hall

floridarandy

Who knew the party animals that would attend the Florida Rally. Lazy Days Rally Park provides a wonderful venue for Florida's first Rally. Great food, company and fun. Thanks to Mickey and Bonnie for putting it all together....Floridians know how to party....conga lines, patriotic songs, swivel hips, palm trees and pink flamingos galor!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Who knew the party animals that would attend the Florida Rally. Lazy Days Rally Park provides a wonderful venue for Florida's first Rally. Great food, company and fun. Thanks to Mickey and Bonnie for putting it all together....Floridians know how to party....conga lines, patriotic songs, swivel hips, palm trees and pink flamingos galor!

OK, I said everybody have fun - it sounds like you're having TOO MUCH FUN! Wish we were there! Be careful please! Swivel hips are good...dislocated hips.....NOT!

Mickey, please don't exhaust them this early in the rally season! OK seriously, ENJOY YOURSELVES but it sounds like you are already!

cjhicks

OK, I said everybody have fun - it sounds like you're having TOO MUCH FUN! Wish we were there! Be careful please! Swivel hips are good...dislocated hips.....NOT!

Mickey, please don't exhaust them this early in the rally season! OK seriously, ENJOY YOURSELVES but it sounds like you are already!

Deb, You cannot have TOO MUCH FUN when you have Great Friends and some of your Mama,s relatives in the same room!!!!:p Mickey, this has been a fantastic Rally and we are looking forward to another Fla. Rally next year.:cool:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
To Mickey and Bonnie, you are awarded THE BEST RALLY EVER award from two old rally-holics:cool:. It was so worth the 900 miles and gallons of high priced diesel to be in Seffner for the inaugural Florida Chapter rally. We really had a blast, and cannot wait for your next rally;). Thank you for your dedication and hard work, it really is appreciated. See you both soon.

hillsonwheels

AHEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the shy kinda quiet guy that I am...........I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHO THAT GUY WAS THEY ARE REFERRING TO LAST NIGHT?" Must've been my evil twin!!!!!!!!!!!

But, since I was there too...........Mickey and Bonnie......YA'LL DONE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the next call to action!

Guess who?

jbeletti

Wow, what a great time. Lazy Days knocked another night of food and entertainment out of the park! Mickey and Bonnie, you well partnering with Lazy Days on the Inaugural FL Chapter Rally.

Thank you Mickey and Bonnie, Lazy Days, all who helped out and all that came tonthis rally. See you down the road and travel home safely.

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow what a large group. Looks like you all had a great Time! Wish we could have been there. Everyone have a have safe trip to your next stop. Michael

moose53

Mickey and Bonnie,

What a fantastic job! We hope we can make it again next year. Great to see old friends and to meet the many new ones. By the way the Margarita's were great. Hope to see everyone again.

Bob Vaughn

I went home yesterday and got my Mortrin to recover from Friday nights festivities my hips and knees just aint what they used to be.....To those who could not join us, you missed a great rally....I may have to quit working part time and hit the rally circuit.....It was more fun here than working.....Every one drive safe...Bob and Sue

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I went home yesterday and got my Mortrin to recover from Friday nights festivities my hips and knees just aint what they used to be.....To those who could not join us, you missed a great rally....I may have to quit working part time and hit the rally circuit.....It was more fun here than working.....Every one drive safe...Bob and Sue

Uh-Oh, sounds like another "Rally-Holic" in the making!

floridarandy

Many thanks to Mickey and Bonnie for a GREAT TIME . Just imagine how much fun we'll have together next year after the Florida Chapter gets some more time under the Palm Tree....mixing with the Pink Flamingos and dancing and swaying to the tunes of a certain Margaritaville machine....

Randy and Karen
Sarasota

charris57

Great Rally. It was so nice to meet everyone. Friday and Saturday nights were great food and great fun. And who could forget about the banana. Thanks greatly to Mickey and Bonnie, I know how much work it is to put on a rally, you did a great job. Hope to see everyone soon.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Mickey and Bonnie:

Just wanted to get my two cents worth in. It was "fabulous, dah-ling!" Just a great mix of fun, food, information and fantastic people. The sunshine wasn't bad either! Thanks so much for all your hard work and a great time!!!!!!

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
WoooooHooooo;
What a weekend. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I want to thank the gnomes for watching over my palm tree and flamingos. Also Home Depot for the anchor kit. I would also like to thank everyone for coming. We had a lot of folks from far off places come join in the fun. So many states were represented, New York, Mass, Maryland, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Illinois/Tenn, Missisippi, West Virginia, Florida, and our nieghbor to the north, Canada. If I forgot any let me know. We had 26 rigs in the Rally, we had 2 more rigs in change over lot that couldn't make it to the Rally, but the folks came over to meet us. We had a couple of folks come visit that could not bring they're rigs. Tony Lane, Canadian leader, and his wife Sharon came by to say hello and join in on a couple of seminars, and Hogan C the Missisippi chapter leader.
We had great seminars from Steve Haynes, with Goodyear Tire, explaning causes of failure, mileage tips, inflation information, ways to keep them lasting and safe.
We had Florida DOT Officer Kevin Chambers who kept us laughing while giving us important info on RV's and the law in Florida. (Ya'll come see us Heeah)( But remember....You ain't in Michigan anymore!)
We had Bob Bregmon, driving instructor from Lazy Days give all of us a few tips and hints on driving and how no to loose your fifth wheel.
We had great catered food in the evenings, ROAST BEEF and RIBS and Chicken. In fact the girls did not have to cook one meal if they didn't want to, all proivided by Lazy Days. I thought that was nice!
We had great entertainment, in fact don't let anyone tell you that Dick and Reta can't dance. Get Dick to show you a couple of moves. Also surprise stars on the dance floor, Dave YOCUM and Julie Hancock (see I got it right)put most of us to shame. Tell me we can't remember the 60's. I'm just glad we didn't do the twist. I'm sore enough as it is. The DJ was awsome, with many tricks to get us on the floor. Get Jim to tell you about the banana. Chuck on Saturday night provided dinner music then helped us celebrate with his mastery of the cononet and sound boards.
We tested out Pavlovs theory Saturday afternoon. I started the Margarita machine grinding outside the coach, and people came from all over...memo, renew adult beverage stock, limes, sweetener, ice. Now the problem with that machine is it makes more than a glassful at a time. Can't throw that away, so the host has to make sure it was good enough for friends. Soooo Saturday was a bit more relaxed at the mic if you know what I mean.
Sunday we had donuts and coffe early and then while most were still there, made a quest to find the perfect strawberry shortcake. Since this is strawberry season we stopped at Parksdale. Well you will just have to look at the pictures in the gallery. We think we succeded. At least it got me out of the doghouse with Reta.
Since we had made our reservations to include Sunday night, many of us had all day to say goodby to old and new friends, before having to leave this wonderland to go back to reality. This made it nice for those who wanted to leave early Monday morning to travel long distance, and great for those of us who live a lot closer who left late Sunday afternoon.
I want to mention those who offered help and helped me keep things going. Randy and Karen, Eric and Dorithy, Dick and Reta and of course Jim Beletti and Nancy.
Safe travels to everyone...check those air pressures...see ya soon.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Okay Mickey - the Hot Banana game :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 25

jbeletti

When I can get a decent WiFi signal at a campground this week, I'll upload a bunch of rally pics to the Heartland Owners Gallery and circle back to this rally thread to post the link.

Jim

Hogladyrider

What a wonderful time we had this weekend. We are Rally virgins no longer......especially after that hot banana fun!

Thanks to Mickey & Bonnie for all their hard work, a lot goes into planning and stress comes with that....we had a great time!

It was nice to meet new folks, great food, drink, fun, and amazing weather. This was our first of many future Rallies!

Good job Mickey & Bonnie and all those who assisted you.
Susan....Hot Banana runner up!

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Susan and Gary;
I was having a little problem with my camera (battery fault) during the Banana game and didn't get a good shot of you and Jim dancing after the game but got a couple of good shots of you while passing the Banana. I hope you had a great time, and I hope you met lots of great folks. We had such a good time. My whole goal was to create an opportunity for Heartland Owners to get together and enjoy they're RV and have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.