EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, SEFFNER - 3/11/2011 to 3/13/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Susan;

I should be there at checkin to help. See ya there! I like your signature "CANT WAIT TILL WE CAN FULL TIME". I'm right there with you.

HI Everyone,
We are new owners of a 3250, however, we can't pick up our rig until the end of the month. We would love to come over to Lazy Days and chat with everyone and find out about all the cool stuff and the nitty gritty of hauling a 5th wheel. We are truly newbies at this. Is it okay to come over and meet everyone and get some advice? This forum has been so very helpful but we would love to put some faces to the names. Where is everyone going to be parked? The campground out back or the parking lot? What is the best way to find everyone.. it seems that Lazy Days is always full!
Can't wait to meet everyone! Ann & Steve

hillsonwheels

I'm not in charge of anything for this meetin' but I can guarantee that you folks will be welcomed at the rally and might get "tard" of all the jawin' you'll get when you come by to visit! Ya'll come...........I know I speak for all the HOC members who'll be there.........YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, bring your appetites, the food is always good and more than enuff to share.

Dick

MICKEY

Steven and Ann;

By all means...come over any day, Sat may be best. Just go to the Rally Park which is just beside the Flying J, an look for all the Heartland Products. Some will be in the Rally Center during the seminars Saturday but you should find us. Look for blue t-shirts.

MICKEY

Bob;
I dont think so, I believe they are 40+' of pavement. These were originally set up for class A coaches when built. However most part truck in front of coach. Don't let that cause you any dismay, there will be plenty of help with anything you might need, and some you may not need:) There may be a backing competition, or at least judging:)))

jbeletti

Bob,

I'd like to confirm what Mickey stated - yes, there will be a backing competition. Just kidding! :) :)

The sites are 40 ish feet in length and I am parking across the front of my RV like the motor homes are doing with their toads.

I've been here 3 nights and have backed into my site 3 times now. I got it down and I would be happy to help you. I'm on 288 now and will move on Friday to my rally site - 130 something.

Just got a call from Eric and Dorothy (Flying Dutchman) - they are here on 130 something. They said there's a Landmark near them too. Unsure if the Landmark is part of the rally.

See you when you get here. Call me if you need help getting in or setup (574-333-1153).

Jim

MICKEY

Girls and Guys;
I have been inundated with request for folks to come visit our Inaugural Rally. As of a few minutes ago there may be one camping spot left, due to family sickness. I have been answering most of these offline. So I want to bring everyone up to speed. We are allowing non club members who are Heartland Owners, to come to one day of the rally free of charge with no meals, entertainment, and no camping. To attend more than 1 day you have to be a club member. If you want to join in the meals and entertainment unfortunately since it’s a catered meal they have to pay Lazy Days $20 per couple per meal. There are a small number of those available. We are trying to be fair to those who have paid to join in all the fun. We want to have as many people there as possible, we have a package available for folks who want to attend all events and meals, just no camping. I just wanted for everyone to know about the request and be in the loop. Looks like next year we may have to have more spots. Again everyone is welcome to join in the fun, just let me know.

floridarandy

So near yet so far! Dropped the Sundance off for routine service at Lazy Days Monday after booking the appt several weeks ago. Just got a call this afternoon that it is going in tomorrow (Thursday) and may not be ready on Friday. Frustrating since the service advisor I was assigned to was out on Monday and I've leaving phone messages and emails to try and connect. Wish us luck! At a minimum we'll try and get them to drop it on the site for the weekend....or we'll just camp in their service bay. I understand they have full hookups in all their service bays for fulltimers who stop for service that may take several days to complete. I'm an optimist....so don't give up our camping site Mickey....we'll camp there one way or another!

Last edited:

Bob Vaughn

I hope you have better luck than I did and my son did getting work done when they promised it would be done....You have to be on them constantly and I mean hourly....they are bad to put off people who do not bug them...It took my sons a month I know because they had to stay with us most of that time....Plus good luck on them doing the work....

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Mickey & Bonnie, Glad to see that your first Rally is full. Santha and I wish we
could join you but work does come first. See you in Goshen. Randy

Rob_Fla

Cool Mickey. If I haven't paid you - I will do so in person.

I am here at Lazy Days now, holding down the fort. I'll move to my rally site on Friday.

Jim

Wow, I did not realize the Rally was this weekend, heading up to the Hampton Inn next door to Lazy Days today, have to meet customer and vendor in Tampa area on Friday.

floridarandy

Made contact with service advisor at Lazy Days so things are looking brighter today. I did learn a lot about how to work with Lazy Days service department and will post a separate note for all Floridians to take advantage of when using Lazy Days for service. Like any other business its easier to work with them when you know how their system works.

Looks like a good day to stay in the shop working anyway.

MICKEY

BOB;

I'll know in a little while. I'm leaving the house to go there now. They also change those numbers as groups grow or diminish to a degree. I asked once and they told me they weren't assigned yet, but that was a couple of weeks ago. See ya there!

Does anyone know if there will be any events this evening or tomorrow morning. I was unable to find an agenda and do not know what to expect because I have never attended one of these rally's. Thanks Steve

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
You will need to go back in this thread. I believe Mickey posted the agenda a week or so back.

Status
Not open for further replies.