EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, SEFFNER - 3/11/2011 to 3/13/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Mickey, your rally sure does sound like it's going to be a great time. Our KL should be there by then but unfortunate I have to work that weekend. We are hoping that we can pick up our new home on the 15th. Have some fun for Kelly and I. See you down the road. Mike

Instructions for making those Pesky Rallies:.
1) Drive to campground and set up.

2) Call work and tell them that you had to leave town unexpectedly.

3) Enjoy weekend.

4)On Monday look for new job that does not intervere with personal life.

floridarandy

Dick;
Looks to me as if only the cream of the crop are attending :) I just hope that all of our new members don't shoot me after they find out how addicting these rally's are. Thus the term "Rallyholic".

.....:confused:

no one told me i needed to buy a pair of boots to wear to these rallies...starting to look like it!:rolleyes:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Mike and Kelly;
SoutherNights gave you the PERFECT alibi, he has experience you know. We wish you could come but I understand how Uncle Sam feels about you being there. When you get your new coach are you going to stay at Lazy Days for a couple of days to check over everything. They have a great place for you to swap everything over, and do PDI.

MICKEY

Florida Randy;

You missed the class on RVing 101. Boots needed at all events and should be located in first accessible compartment, closest to drivers compartment. That is located on page 2 right behind dealing with right seat driver and staying married.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Larry oh how I wish I could do that! But like Mickey said, U. S. has his hooks in to me pretty deep that weekend.

Mickey, you bet we are! We are planning to stay about 3 nights there plus the change over night. Going to go over EVERYTHING again and again. Going to bring the extra HDTV to even hook up and check out the basement cable. Going to go thru that baby with a fine tooth comb. I've been working on my PDI list for a while. On are they not going to be happy to see me.

hillsonwheels

Boots? Boots? Au contraire! Larry, being from SC and a good ole boy, can give lessons in how to wade in "it" barefooted!!!!!! :rolleyes:

MICKEY

JIM, Dave, Eric;

Are you guys still coming to Florida Rally directly from Georgia. If so, the largest festival in Florida is the week you are going to be there at Rally Park, and its only 12 miles down the road. It's the Strawberry festival, and they have the best Strawberry Shortcake in the world.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Two things I Love!! Heartland rally's, and ... strawberry shortcake:D.

Woops:eek:, make that three things, have to include DW in that group.

davebennington

Mickey,

We are stopping in Unadilla, GA for awhile before continuing on to the FL rally. Strawberries sound good to me.

Dave

MICKEY

Congrats Ed and Dianne Briggs;
Thanks for joining us for our inaugural event and on your new purchase. We are looking forward to meeting you. We believe you are going to enjoy our Rally and meeting a bunch of new friends. There a few folks getting there a little early, maybe just to enjoy the shortcake! Rally Up!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Mickey & Bonnie, I am glad that to see the response to your first rally
I would think that you will have the largest group ever for a first rally.
See you and Bonnie in a couple of weeks. Randy

Bob Vaughn

I made a count down calendar and check off list of things I need to do before the rally....I can not believe that this is the first time we have been to rally park and we have lived in Seffner since Rally Park was orange trees and cow pastures...Do you enter from 579 or from Sleigh Ave??

MICKEY

Bob;
I just got back from there checking on everything for Rally. You enter off of 579 just north of Sleigh Rd. There is an area with parallel parks in front of check in. SEE YA THERE!

MICKEY

Guys and Girls;
I wanted to give everyone my new email address. I didn't want to change before the rally to eliminate any confusion, however its time to rein in expenses a little by changing providers. My new email address is
magmaservices@cfl.rr.com

The countdown has started for our Rally, I hope everyone is as excited as I am.

MICKEY

Dick and Pat;
On the very first post a list of attendees reside at bottom of page. Depending on how you have your computer set, this will be on the first page or last page. Check it out, currently 22 rigs, full of great people. I'm going to post schedule on next post

MICKEY

Girls and Guys;
We have been trying to finalize our schedule for quite a while now. We believe we have most information now so we want to get it too you.
Friday
1pm check in...unless you made arrangements to come earlier in week
afternoon will be set up, meet and greet, t shirts, ect
5pm Roast Beef Dinner at Rally Center
5-7 Entertainment at Rally Center
7 untill....fireside lies and tales
Saturday
8am Free breakfast at Lazy days
10am - 11:30 am Product demo by Lazy Days
11:30 -12:30pm lunch provided by Lazy Days
12:30 - 3:00 pm Speakers from DOT and Goodyear tire
3:00 pm untill 5 pm Lazy Days tech answers all your questions,
5:00 BBQ Chicken dinner at Rally Center provided by Lazy Days
5-7 pm Entertainment at Rally Center
7 pm untill....more lies and tales, only with better ending this time:)
Sunday
7am - 8am Donuts and Coffee, door prize drawings
Daytrip for any interested to Strawberry festival, quest to find best Strawberry Shortcake,
Monday
11 am checkout

note: We made checkout on Monday due to time of checkout and they did not allow late checkout. We felt Florida residents would like to linger a while on Sunday instead of having to leave by 11 am. and those out of state may want to leave Monday when traffic better.

Last edited:

Hogladyrider

We are looking forward to this Rally, it will be our first! We have both taken off work on Friday, so we will have to check out on Sunday as work is on Monday :-( but it all sounds like lots of fun!
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.