EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, SEFFNER - 3/11/2011 to 3/13/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
GUYS;
I just happen to have a margarita machine in my coach along with accessories:) Closet full of shorts, and flip flops. The dish can be tuned to Buffett radio;... wait I still don't have the lighted palm tree. Haven't found one worthy yet. Any suggestions?

MICKEY

Just got a call from Judy Handy;
She and Jack are going to be joining us for the Inaugural Florida Rally. We are so looking forward to meeting everyone there. Thanks for joining us.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
There is a 'lighted palm tree" in snowy PA. It travels some of the Heartland circuits, and on occasion at certain rally's it actually migrates around:eek:.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
There is a 'lighted palm tree" in snowy PA. It travels some of the Heartland circuits, and on occasion at certain rally's it actually migrates around:eek:.

Hey Eric so true and I know it migrates with assistance, in the dark in Jersey. It prefers Cyclones!

floridarandy

Karen and I just returned from a long weekend at Disney's Fort Wilderness. It had been years since we'd camped there when the kids were young. How about a future Florida Rally there? What made me think of it was the fact that the entire 1500 loop had been reserved by a Cub Scout Pack from the Tampa area. If we planned ahead wouldn't it be fun to have 10-20-30-50??? Heartland rigs occupying an entire loop....in say January or February!

See the pictures of our trip HERE.

Randy and Karen
Sarasota, FL

cjhicks

Hey Dick, It's Rallyholics! The "alco" is optional but if Judy's attending she's going to bring mama or a substitute relative! Ain't that right Calvin? Still wish we could be there!

Deb, Thanks for setting us straight, as we need all the help we can get !!! Just remember "it's 5 o'clock somewhere"

Calvin
ps: Temp. today here in Port Charlotte, Fl. "79"

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Mickie, a buddy and I attended a Satellite Set Up Session at a Good Sam's Rally a few months ago. After the 1.5 hour class neither one of us could get a signal whereas we had been getting setup within 10 minutes before the class. Maybe I could get our instructor to come down for your Rally.

hogan

Mickie, We won't be able to bring our rig over for your Chapter Rally but would love to come by and visit one day. Don't want to impose on your goings on but would sure enjoy visiting with all your folks plus the out of state attendants. Let me know what day would be best to drive over from Clermont. Hogan

MICKEY

HOGAN;
I'm thinking......10 min before class, can't find a satellite after class......Are you sure it was supposed to work that way:) My wife had little patience with the BEEEEEEEEEP system of setting up DTV. She made me buy a Vue Cube 1000 that all I have to do is know where north is. As far as best day I would say Saturday.

MICKEY

Deb;

I had to finish out my Margaritaville theme, so I just ordered my 7 ft lighted palm tree, a couple of flamingos, to go with It's 5 Oclock somewhere table . When I ordered it I also ordered anchor kit:) I hear they like to move at night!

MICKEY

Randy;
I really liked Fort Wilderness, was there last year and tried to sign up again this year but couldn't get in when we wanted. I wish you could call and talk directly to campground personel instead of mega sales center. Maybe you can help with that!

hogan

you are right. the Sat. class was a bust. We decided we knew more than the nice chap that was teaching it, but trying to follow his method anyway and it just did not work for us. Look forward to seeing you again in March. Hogan

floridarandy

Mickey -

ha...yep...mega sales for sure....but if a cub scout troop mom could pull off an entire fort wilderness loop it might get done! i was surprised how many empty spots there were last weekend.

MICKEY

Thank you Tony and Janis Coquillard for joining us at The Inaugural Rally. Looking forward to meeting you. This is getting better by the minute. Glad to see everyone joining in the fun.

jbeletti

16 rigs so far - very nice. Looking forward to meeting a lot of people I've never met before.

Let's rally up Florida!

Jim

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
I am tickled pink that the first Florida rally is going so well for Mickey & Bonney.
It looks like that they might out draw the first Georgia Rally. Mickey, you need
to bring some more people north the week before your rally. Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.