EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/2/2013 to 10/6/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We're very disappointed as we had a great time at this rally before but Kathy and I have to cancel and made it official today by calling the campground! We'll have to enjoy seeing Sally with her new headwaear through the pictures!
Enjoy the Amanda Colonies.... it's a lot of fun!

Last edited:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A couple of weeks ago Silveraldo23 said something about getting a group together for a tour of a John Deere plant in the area. Haven't seen anyone respond...anyone else interested? Also I was talking to jayc (Jay Coffman) here at the MO rally & he also said something about going to Antique Archeology (American Pickers on TV) it's about 80 miles away, 1.5 hrs away, anyone be interested in that?

I am still interested. would be happyto make arrangements. Let me know soon if your interested and I call John deere. I think their tours are on friday morning or afternoons. they have two plants i may try to tour both if time and schedules allow. one is tractors the other engines.

olcoon

I'm definitely interested! From what someone put on here earlier, the tractor plant would be a good one to go to.

jbeletti

I'm interested - so long as it does not coincide with any planned rally activity. Also, if a tour gets planned, I need to contact Evans Waller. He can't make the rally but told me he'd join a John Deere tour if one came about.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
What are the scheduled events for friday? I will call and see what is available for tractor factory tours. The other tour that is also in waterloo is the engine works. I may check to see if either are available and times. so far it looks like 7 or 8 are interested. Any one else interested?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Nothing is planned during the day on Friday. We will have an ice cream social meet and greet that night. I'd like to go to the JD factory too.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I was able to reserve 6 spots for the 8 am tour friday at the waterloo tractor assembly works. We would need to leave by around 6:30am to get up there in time for the tour. the other time available would be 1pm thursday. please let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on the tour. I have only reserved the time for friday as it was expected to be full later today.

GOTTOYS

Just got our truck out of the shop this afternoon. Phew! We WILL make it there as planned. Had a squeek in the front end when turning. Thought we would make it to our final destination in KS where we plan to spend several days and I was going to have it looked at there. The noise was getting worse so we brought it to a dealer yesterday. They replaced both front axle u-joints. One on each side. Sure glad we got it done..Trailer is washed up, checked over and ready to rock. We're excited to get there. This was our very first rally back in 2011 and the first time we used our then new, fifth wheel...See ya'll at about 3:47 P.M. direct from Minnesota..Don and Kathy Swanson

jbeletti

I was able to reserve 6 spots for the 8 am tour friday at the waterloo tractor assembly works. We would need to leave by around 6:30am to get up there in time for the tour. the other time available would be 1pm thursday. please let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on the tour. I have only reserved the time for friday as it was expected to be full later today.

I'm in and can take 3 others with me. Let me know if I made the cut.

jbeletti

Free to good home at Iowa Rally

Hey Verizon Wireless data users!Is anyone still using a 3G only MiFi or USB modem and is looking for a deal on a 4G MiFi?I just upgraded to a different model and have a Novatel 4510L (3G/4G) MiFi available for free to someone in real need of it. It will be available at the IA rally this week.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: Free to good home at Iowa Rally

After talking with a few others at the rally there seems to be more interest in going up on Thurs day to the 1 PM tour. we would need to leave by 11:15 to get there and have a few minutes to spare. John Deere also seemed to have much more availibility for Thursday. Let me know as soon as possible if you want to go on thursday and I will get our reservation made. by 10:30 AM today thank you.

jbeletti

I'm good with either day/time. If Thursday is chosen, when slotting me in, put me in for 1 and put Evans Waller in for 1. I will contact him when I hear he's in.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, the play is Thursday at 3:00 PM.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I could keep reservations for both times and those that want to go friday morning can use that time. Let me know which day works betterwhen responding

Status
Not open for further replies.