EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/2/2013 to 10/6/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There was a couple that attended a Wisconsin rally a few years ago. They owned a Montana.
The following year they attended the rally in their new Bighorn.
Once you sample the Kool-Aid.........................

Peace
Dave

Thank you Jim for the invite (and a little secret is the camper belongs to my parent who don't use it much but we borrow it frequently) and we are really interested in the Cyclone. I may just go crazy and get one this summer, or wait till the fall and try for a good pre-winter deal. But either way i will contact Jay after I contact the CG and let him know we would like to come out and stay with a great crew :cool:

Dave, I think you are absolutely right one sip is all it would take, heck all I have seen is pictures and I want one. The closest dealer is Bob and Jo's in Guthrie, Iowa so as soon as I can get a free weekend we'll (wife and I) take the bikes and go for a nice day ride and see what they have. :cool:

Thank you all for being so kind as to open your club to a couple of newbies looking to get in on the Heartland family. :cool:

jbeletti

Tim,

Don't matter who's camper it is - come on over :)

In terms of the Cyclone (or even Road Warrior), look at them anywhere you can find one, then order one through a dealer and get on it what you want.

Dealers bring onto their lots, what they feel they can sell and sometimes the units won't have some options you really wanted or need. Also, when there are a large number of floor plans, a dealer just can't carry them all and maybe won't have the one that fits your families needs the best. But by looking at what you can find "on the lots", you will get a good sense of whether what we build and the way we build it suits your needs. Then you can order what you want or launch a more intense search for the perfect floor plan.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Iowa rally attendees!
There is a theatre in Amana called The Old Creamery Theatre Company.
I see on their web site that there is a comedy playing during the rally dates. Unnecessary Farce.
Mary and I are wanting to go see that play maybe on Thursday the 3rd unless Jay has something else planned. Our plans are not carved in stone.
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

Jim Posz

That souds like fun.

Please count Betty and I in for the Old Creamery Theatre. If payment is needed in advance, please let us who and when we need to pay.

Jim Posz

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Iowa rally attendees!
There is a theatre in Amana called The Old Creamery Theatre Company.
I see on their web site that there is a comedy playing during the rally dates. Unnecessary Farce.
Mary and I are wanting to go see that play maybe on Thursday the 3rd unless Jay has something else planned. Our plans are not carved in stone.
Tickets are $27.50.
Anybody interested?

Peace
Dave

Paul and I are definitely interested in attending just as long as Paul is able to get off of work! HAH HAH!!!!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Do you have to own a Heartland Camper to go to one of these rallies? I sounds like a real good opportunity to talk with other owners and as you have a dealer sponsoring might be a good time to purchase so we would not be the odd goose out, rather be just another duck in the pond --- if ya know what I mean :cool:

Tim,

We are the aforementioned couple that attended the first Wisconsin rally in an SOB....purchased our Big Horn the next year! It was the best decision we made when we decided to attend that first rally! Not only do you get a fantastic rig, but you are welcomed into the Heartland FAMILY! We look forward to meeting you in Iowa!

Attachments

• P7250061.JPG
    P7250061.JPG
    626.9 KB · Views: 36

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Paul and I are definitely interested in attending just as long as Paul is able to get off of work! HAH HAH!!!!
Sue, don't worry. I know someone and I can get Paul out of work.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Update, I incorrectly put the date on this post as October 6. It should have been October 3.
Update for the theater. I have 20 seats reserved for the play on Oct 3 at 3:00 pm.
Rows 3 and 4 center, 10 seats each.
So far 14 people are interested. If we get 15 or more the price of the tickets go down to $23.50 each.
I will contact those interested sometime in September. I will need your hard earned cash so I can make payment two weeks before the show.
If they do not receive payment two weeks in advance, we loose the reserved seating.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

jbeletti

Update for the theater. I have 20 seats reserved for the play on Oct 6 at 3:00 pm.
Rows 3 and 4 center, 10 seats each.
So far 14 people are interested. If we get 15 or more the price of the tickets go down to $23.50 each.
I will contact those interested sometime in September. I will need your hard earned cash so I can make payment two weeks before the show.
If they do not receive payment two weeks in advance, we loose the reserved seating.

Peace
Dave

Dave - thanks for coordinating this. How do you want us to get money to you and when?

Jim

jbeletti

I received an email today about another rally that will be going on at the Amana Colonies RV Park a couple weeks prior to ours. They had a couple of great links on info about/in the area. Thought those coming to our Iowa Rally or are considering it might want to see this info:

Campground Info - Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center

Our event will be hosted at the Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center, a 60-acre campground, RV park, and event facility located in the heart of Iowa's historic Amana Colonies. You can learn more about the facility by clicking the link above which will take you to their website.
Read about the Amana Colonies on Wikipedia

The Amana Colonies was built and settled by German immigrants in the late 1850s. For eighty years they maintained an almost completely self-sufficient local economy, importing very little from the wider, industrializing U.S. economy. Learn more about the Amana Colonies on Wikipedia by clicking the link above.
Learn about Arts & Culture in the Amana Colonies

With more then two dozen museums, galleries, studios and theaters, the Amana Colonies is a wonderful place to have a rally. To learn more about the Arts & Cultural in Amana, please click the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.