EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IL, Chatham - 9/20/2013 to 9/22/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnbhobe

Hoyt, there are a lot of ways to Springfield from Harrisburg. I will probably go across country, I might even take two days this time.

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
It's going to be a long 1 day pull.757 miles. We will probably just find a Truck stop to pull in and sleep. We will get in there late on the 18Th.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
OK everybody, I have been talking to Anne at the Animal Rescue in IL they are a great group that helps wild animals get back in the wild.. I thought this year we could do Heartland gives back. They need stuff like towels, blankets(fleece) , Dry cat food, and Noble goat food for the deer. I think we could look at goodwill for towels and blankets they are for animals just need to be in good condition. They could use our help on anything we can do for them.. Kenny will be putting a list of their needs on the front page soon so you don't have to dig for this.. Thanks folks!!

katkens

Hey Ken and Kathy we just made out reservation with Holly at the campground. First ILL. rally Bette

Thanks for the heads ups ,glad to have you with us, great bunch of folks we have coming. There is lots to see and do in Springfield ,so plan on site seeing see ya before you know it......Kenny

Tweitekamp

Will there be any "classes" or anything? I have read where in the past reps will be at some of the rallies and give some kind of presentation. I would like to learn more about my sundance or rv maintenance in general and thought a rally would be a good place go. We are from the Champaign area so only a 1.5 hours away. Any info like that would be appreciated! I am sure would learn a lot by just sipping a adult beverage with some of you folks.

About this campground, are there any playgrounds for kids? I have a 1 and 3 year old. 3 year old can ride a bike till the tires fall off too...that can keep him entertained I guess.

todd

jnbhobe

I know there will be a lot of knowledgable people a this rally.There is a lot of open space there too.

kkamshop

Kathy - Ken can get a large bundle of towels from one of the guys at the shop for cheap. I think they would be great for the animal rescue.
Looking forward to seeing everyone, Ken wants you all to know we now have disc brakes, so no more worries about stopping LOL

katkens-DW

That's wonderful on the brakes. The rescue will love what ever we do for them. I went to good-will and found blankets foe 1.99 each .. I will get some cat food too. My sister is getting some stuff for them too . Can't wait to see you ..

katkens-DW

I have gone to good-will and brought blankets they were 1.99 each and in good shape so I think you could check out them . I will go back this week and see what they have I think buying from good will is a good thing for you are helping people and the animals .

MTPockets

Just reserved a spot for this rally - will arrive 9/19 ...depart 9/22 ...... Terry & June Rainwater HOC2042 ......... Florida ........ It's still gonna be warm there, right?

katkens

Just reserved a spot for this rally - will arrive 9/19 ...depart 9/22 ...... Terry & June Rainwater HOC2042 ......... Florida ........ It's still gonna be warm there, right?

Glad you can make it , the weather will be perfect per my talks with the Almighty. Its generally really nice this time of year maybe light jacket or long sleeve shirt in the mornings and evenings.

katkens-DW

Hi Todd , I missed your post but the campground is kid friendly like Jon said lots of space for a bike and a lot there used to be a play ground . There is a new owner and I kndw he is making changes. They just put in a bigger pool .

katkens-DW

ok folks Kenny and I were talking about our potluck so we were wondering what you guys would like to have for the meat ..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Heck, we even ate snails once!! LOL
Only once?

I vote Bacon!
Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg

Peace
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.