Al and I will be hosting our first Heartland Owners Club rally at Shipshewana Campground South! Shipshewana is the heart of Amish country in Indiana and is full of life in the summer - flea markets, live entertainment, quilt shops, Amish-crafted furniture stores and plenty of fun for families! We're super excited to invite all of our Heartland friends we've made this past summer and are inviting all our other Heartland families to join in on the fun too!
- Event Type
- Chapter Rally
- Venue Name
- Shipshewana Campground South Park
- Venue Contact Name
- Venue Contact Email
- Venue Contact Phone
- Venue Street Address
- 1105 South Van Buren Street
- Venue City
- Venue State / Province
- Venue Zip Code
- Venue Country
- United States
- Rally Start Date
- Jul 27, 2023
- Rally End Date
- Jul 30, 2023
- Number of Sites Held
- Site Costs per Night
- Heartland Brand Fee
- Non-Heartland Brand Fee (per person)
- Event Leader
- Heartland RV Marketing
- Event Leader Contact
- https://heartlandowners.org/conversations/add?to=Heartland RV Marketing
- Event Summary
This campground provides full-hookup sites with both 30 and 50-amp. Here is a link to the campground map. We have 30 sites reserved near the North Pavilion.
The nightly site fee is $49.00/night. If you reserve a 7-day stay, you will receive a 50% discount for the 7th night. While the campground is closed until April, they accept reservations during the off-season. Registration will open 01/02/23 and sites will be held until 05/01/23. You can call now, but they will not be able to provide you a site until after the first of the year.
Please call 260-768-4669 and leave a message. They have been very timely in returning calls. Once you have made your reservation, please let me know via the forum, text, call or email so I can add you and shirt sizes to my list.
If you have trouble making reservations or have questions, feel free to text or call me (Amber) at 574-361-4325!
We are very excited to see everyone in a couple short weeks and have finally put fingers to keyboard to share a still-in-the-works agenda for the weekend! A few things to note regarding the agenda:
- A weekend agenda with times and final details will be distributed at check-in, as well as an area guide and restaurant recommendations.
- Please plan to have cash on you for the weekend as Shipshewana and nearby areas may only accept cash and will save a headache and frustration.
- We are still working to confirm location of breakfast for Friday morning but will update the forum once confirmed. Please let Amber know if you will be opting out of breakfast with the group completely so we can adjust the headcount accordingly.
- Please sign-up for the MORryde Factory Tour and Lunch Presentation if you have not already by Wednesday, July 12, 2023. Plan to drive yourself or carpool to MORryde. Sign-ups are required.
- Gerry Atkinson has graciously been voluntold to coordinate a cornhole tournament early sign-ups are not required but always appreciated.
- We are working on organizing "group" tours to Menno-Hof and/or Dutch Creek Animal Farm for Saturday afternoon and will update on the forum.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone and cannot wait for another fun rally weekend! Call or text Amber at 574-361-4325 with questions!
Thursday, July 27, 2023
Morning - Breakfast on your own
Afternoon - Lunch on your own
Evening - Meet & Mingle Mixer Bring your favorite appetizer and cocktail (non-alcoholic welcome) to share with the group, meet new people and catch up with old friends
*Campfire to follow*
Friday, July 28, 2023
Morning - Group breakfast off-site
Afternoon - MORryde Factory Tour & Lunch Presentation 10:30 - 1:00 1966 Sterling Avenue Elkhart, IN 46516
Cornhole Tournament begins
Evening - SkyMed presentation and sponsored dinner
Campfire with s'mores Bring Ingredients to create your favorite s'mores flavor combination(s) and share with others
Saturday, July 29, 2023
Morning - Midwest Potluck Breakfast Bring a Midwest-inspired (or your favorite) breakfast/brunch dish to share
Afternoon - Explore Shipshewana / Menno-Hof / Dutch Creek Animal Farm
Cornhole Tournament cont. if necessary
Evening - Group dinner sponsored by Heartland RVs
*Campfire to follow*
Sunday, July 30, 2023
Morning - TBD
- Attendee List
1. Al & Amber Alber - L, M
2. Ed & Annette Ryan
3. Gary & Marlene Hock - XL, 2XL
4. Dave & Carleen - L, 2XL
5. Ken & Kathy AmRhein - XL, XL
6. Bob & Jamie Cline - M, XL
7. Bill & DeAnne Hawley - 3X, XL
8. Bill & Chris Jordan - L, L
9. Mark & Carrie Schurig - XL, 4XL
10. Lyle & Pam Hesterman - L, 2XL
11. Matt & Brandy Gleason - L, L
12. Bill & Sue Coquillard
13. Gerry & Debbie Atkinson
14. Fred & Diane McLane
15. Don & Cathy Wells
16. Stan Schwenke (MH)
17. John & Stacey Crawley - M, M
18. Tom & Yvette Burns
19. Mike & Justina Crousser
20. Nick & Dar
21. Paul & Sue Alfano