EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IN, Shipshewana - 07/27/23 to 07/30/23

Added to Calendar: 07/27/23, 07/28/23, 07/29/23, 07/30/23

Heartland RV Marketing

Administrator
Staff member
Al and I will be hosting our first Heartland Owners Club rally at Shipshewana Campground South! Shipshewana is the heart of Amish country in Indiana and is full of life in the summer - flea markets, live entertainment, quilt shops, Amish-crafted furniture stores and plenty of fun for families! We're super excited to invite all of our Heartland friends we've made this past summer and are inviting all our other Heartland families to join in on the fun too!

Event Type
  1. Chapter Rally
Venue Name
Shipshewana Campground South Park
Venue Contact Name
Tammy
Venue Contact Email
ShipsheSouthPark@gmail.com
Venue Contact Phone
260-768-4669
Venue Street Address
1105 South Van Buren Street
Venue City
Shipshewana
Venue State / Province
IN
Venue Zip Code
46565-0247
Venue Country
  1. United States
Rally Start Date
Jul 27, 2023
Rally End Date
Jul 30, 2023
Number of Sites Held
Site Costs per Night
$49.00
Heartland Brand Fee
$10.00
Non-Heartland Brand Fee (per person)
$10.00
Event Leader
Heartland RV Marketing
Event Leader Contact
https://heartlandowners.org/conversations/add?to=Heartland RV Marketing
Event Summary
This campground provides full-hookup sites with both 30 and 50-amp. Here is a link to the campground map. We have 30 sites reserved near the North Pavilion.

The nightly site fee is $49.00/night. If you reserve a 7-day stay, you will receive a 50% discount for the 7th night. While the campground is closed until April, they accept reservations during the off-season. Registration will open 01/02/23 and sites will be held until 05/01/23. You can call now, but they will not be able to provide you a site until after the first of the year.

Please call 260-768-4669 and leave a message. They have been very timely in returning calls. Once you have made your reservation, please let me know via the forum, text, call or email so I can add you and shirt sizes to my list.

If you have trouble making reservations or have questions, feel free to text or call me (Amber) at 574-361-4325!
Agenda
Hi, everyone!

We are very excited to see everyone in a couple short weeks and have finally put fingers to keyboard to share a still-in-the-works agenda for the weekend! A few things to note regarding the agenda:

- A weekend agenda with times and final details will be distributed at check-in, as well as an area guide and restaurant recommendations.

- Please plan to have cash on you for the weekend as Shipshewana and nearby areas may only accept cash and will save a headache and frustration.

- We are still working to confirm location of breakfast for Friday morning but will update the forum once confirmed. Please let Amber know if you will be opting out of breakfast with the group completely so we can adjust the headcount accordingly.

- Please sign-up for the MORryde Factory Tour and Lunch Presentation if you have not already by Wednesday, July 12, 2023. Plan to drive yourself or carpool to MORryde. Sign-ups are required.

- Gerry Atkinson has graciously been voluntold to coordinate a cornhole tournament :) early sign-ups are not required but always appreciated.

- We are working on organizing "group" tours to Menno-Hof and/or Dutch Creek Animal Farm for Saturday afternoon and will update on the forum.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone and cannot wait for another fun rally weekend! Call or text Amber at 574-361-4325 with questions!

Thursday, July 27, 2023
Morning - Breakfast on your own

Afternoon - Lunch on your own

Evening - Meet & Mingle Mixer Bring your favorite appetizer and cocktail (non-alcoholic welcome) to share with the group, meet new people and catch up with old friends
*Campfire to follow*

Friday, July 28, 2023
Morning - Group breakfast off-site

Afternoon - MORryde Factory Tour & Lunch Presentation 10:30 - 1:00 1966 Sterling Avenue Elkhart, IN 46516
Sign-up here
Cornhole Tournament begins
Sign-up here

Evening - SkyMed presentation and sponsored dinner
Campfire with s'mores Bring Ingredients to create your favorite s'mores flavor combination(s) and share with others

Saturday, July 29, 2023
Morning - Midwest Potluck Breakfast Bring a Midwest-inspired (or your favorite) breakfast/brunch dish to share
Sign-up here

Afternoon - Explore Shipshewana / Menno-Hof / Dutch Creek Animal Farm
Cornhole Tournament cont. if necessary

Evening - Group dinner sponsored by Heartland RVs
*Campfire to follow*

Sunday, July 30, 2023
Morning - TBD
Attendee List
1. Al & Amber Alber - L, M
2. Ed & Annette Ryan
3. Gary & Marlene Hock - XL, 2XL
4. Dave & Carleen - L, 2XL
5. Ken & Kathy AmRhein - XL, XL
6. Bob & Jamie Cline - M, XL
7. Bill & DeAnne Hawley - 3X, XL
8. Bill & Chris Jordan - L, L
9. Mark & Carrie Schurig - XL, 4XL
10. Lyle & Pam Hesterman - L, 2XL
11. Matt & Brandy Gleason - L, L
12. Bill & Sue Coquillard
13. Gerry & Debbie Atkinson
14. Fred & Diane McLane
15. Don & Cathy Wells
16. Stan Schwenke (MH)
17. John & Stacey Crawley - M, M
18. Tom & Yvette Burns
19. Mike & Justina Crousser
20. Nick & Dar
21. Paul & Sue Alfano

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
What happened to Lyle and Pam? Did they retire as chapter leaders?

Heartland RV Marketing

Administrator
Staff member
Al and I will be hosting our first Heartland Owners Club rally at Shipshewana Campground South! Shipshewana is the heart of Amish country in Indiana and is full of life in the summer - flea markets, live entertainment, quilt shops, Amish-crafted furniture stores and plenty of fun for families! We're super excited to invite all of our Heartland friends we've made this past summer and are inviting all our other Heartland families to join in on the fun too!

🚨 REMINDER 🚨

Reservations must be made by 5/1/23 for the Indiana Chapter Rally at Shipshewana Campground South Park! There are 30 sites held with three sites already reserved. Please let Amber know your arrival date and t-shirt sizes after confirming your reservation.

Those planning to arrive prior to the start of the rally can take advantage of visiting the Midwest's largest outdoor flea market (open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8am-4pm).

We are working on organizing group outings to Menno-Hof and Dutch Creek Animal Farm.

Shipshewana Flea Market - https://shipshewanatradingplace.com/flea-market
Menno-Hof - https://menno-hof.squarespace.com/
Dutch Creek Animal Farm - https://www.dutchcreekfarmanimalpark.com/

If interested in attending either of these tours, please let Amber know as we will need a final headcount prior to the tours.

We're also looking for one or two people to coordinate a corn hole and/or Euchre tournament.

Additional details and updates to come but we hope to see and meet lots of you at the rally!

- Alex and Amber Alber

Dave Looking for to seeing you, Carleen, & Bunny.
I also want to tell ya I finally got my bedroom vertical seals changed over to your modification.
This wasn’t as hard as I envisioned.
I believe your right, this is a much better seal system then as originally designed.

Hockster

CoveredWagon

Dave Looking for to seeing you, Carleen, & Bunny.
I also want to tell ya I finally got my bedroom vertical seals changed over to your modification.
This wasn’t as hard as I envisioned.
I believe your right, this is a much better seal system then as originally designed.

Hockster
Did you look at the inside seals as well. One of mine had fallen off the other was in poor shape as well. I replaced all four.

cjordie

Al and Amber, Bill and Chris Jordan are registered for site #41 are looking forward to another great rally. We will arrive July 24th and depart July 31st, 2023. Our shirt sizes are both size L please. We are also interested in the tours/outings you are setting up.

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
The PALTeam is registered. Site 38, Jul 24 - 30. T-shirts: 2X and L.

Looking forward to it!

Heartland RV Marketing

Administrator
Staff member
There are SEVEN days left to reserve one of the 16 spots remaining for the Indiana Chapter Rally at Shipshewana Campground South Park July 27-30, 2023! Make your reservations by calling 260-768-4669. Leave a message for Tammy and she will return your call.
We're still building out the agenda and hope to share once we have a finalized number of attendees.

TENTAVTIVE AGENDA:
Thursday Evening: Meet & Mingle - Bring your favorite cocktail and appetizer to share!
Friday Morning: MORryde Factory Tour & Lunch (additional activity for those not going on the tour)
Saturday Morning: Midwest Potluck Breakfast - Bring your favorite Midwest-inspired (or just favorite) breakfast dish to share!

You can plan for cornhole, campfires, group activities and just an all-around good time in the heart of Indiana Amish country!
Raffle items have been generously provided by Heartland RVs, Lippert MORryde and Truck System Technologies, Inc and additional rally swag being provided by Openroads and Dexter Axle Company!

MORryde will have a small, retail booth setup during the rally and have invited the group to their factory for a private tour, lunch and presentation. If you're unable to attend the national rally in June, or prefer the idea of a more intimate experience, this is a great opportunity to learn more about MORryde and meet some of the faces behind the scenes! The tour and lunch presentation will be Friday, July 28 at 10:30a.m.

Lippert will be sharing a pre-sale flyer that includes 10+
✨
new
✨
products! Pre-order your products and have them delivered to you at the rally!
Looking to have service on your Lippert components? Schedule an appointment ahead of or after the rally at the Lippert Service Facility.

Once you have registered with the campground, please let me know either on the forum or give me a call 574-361-4325! More information can be found here: https://shorturl.at/hzAD9
Current Attendees:
Al & Amber Alber - L, M
2. Ed & Annette Ryan
3. Gary & Marlene Hock - XL, 2XL
4. Dave & Carleen - L, 2XL
5. Ken & Kathy AmRhein - XL, XL
6. Bob & Jamie Cline - M, XL
7. Bill & DeAnne Hawley - 3X, XL
8. Bill & Chris Jordan - L, L
9. Mark & Carrie Schurig - XL, 4XL
10. Lyle & Pam Hesterman - L, 2XL
11. Matt & Brandy Gleason - L, L