EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Kinder - 3/20/2015 to 3/22/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You did remember to order good weather the week of the rally, right?

Peace
Dave

iawoody2

Andy, regretfully today we had to call and cancel our reservation. We need to leave Florida for Iowa because of a family situation. Hope you have great weather and know you will have a great time.
Thanks,
Bob and Pat Wood

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy, regretfully today we had to call and cancel our reservation. We need to leave Florida for Iowa because of a family situation. Hope you have great weather and know you will have a great time.
Thanks,
Bob and Pat Wood

Not a problem. I understand. Family comes first. Hope to see Ya down the road somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that Bob. Bernie and I were looking forward to some Bocchie Ball with you.
Hope the family situation works out.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

happykraut

Sorry to hear that Bob. Bernie and I were looking forward to some Bocchie Ball with you.
Hope the family situation works out.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
Cookie you think anybody there can beat us? LOL

'Lil Guy'

OK, I had to google up Bocce ball to see how it's played and with what. What in the world kind of surface would you play it on? Looks like it needs to be on a carpet laid on a flat surface. Anyway, just wanted to make sure it wasn't played like polo with croquet mallets and four people in a 5' box swinging at the ball. I would have drug up my chair and beer to watch that. But after I saw it played on youtube, I think I'll drink whiskey and just heckle the players. Do you wear different colored jerseys so we can tell the teams apart? I've got a set of boards and corn bags to play another game. I won't mention the name of the game here because I know who I'm dealing with. I enjoy playing games that allow me to hold my drink and not spill it while playing.

happykraut

Baker we don't play on an official court nor play by the official rules. We (up to 4 players) play on the lawn. It is a lot of fun and you would be missing out if you didn't try it.

jimtoo

Baker we don't play on an official court nor play by the official rules. We (up to 4 players) play on the lawn. It is a lot of fun and you would be missing out if you didn't try it.

After attending a lot of rallies in the past 10-12 years and participating in lots of games from cards to golf ball tossing to horse shoes and dominoes... I don't think any were played by OFFICIAL RULES. Every body has their own rules, be it because of area of state or state of mind. Regardless,,, we always have fun. :) And like baker said... "I enjoy playing games that allow me to hold my drink and not spill it while playing." :)

'Lil Guy'

You guys sound like some of my old golf partners.lol And hey, I'll try anything once. Now I don't know whether I'm looking forward to Bocce ball or the big breakfast. Working nights and close to retirement is rough but I'm really looking forward to this rally so I can take the LG out again. See everyone there and have a great day.

iawoody2

Just a short explanation on our situation. Three years ago our granddaughter was born 3 months premature and 2 pounds. Now she is healthy happy normal 3 year old. Gina is now expecting again and having similar problems and restricted to bed rest hoping to delay birth as long as possible, due in May. We are headed home so Pat can move in with them and help out.
We were really looking forward to this rally because we had made so many new friends from the Amana rallies.
Yes Bernie and Dave I was looking to play that great new game you taught me. I know all you guys will have a fantastic time. Hopefully we can meet again down the road.
Bob and Pat Wood

jassson007

Yes Bob please take care of your family and congrats on the new little one on the way. Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Just a short explanation on our situation. Three years ago our granddaughter was born 3 months premature and 2 pounds. Now she is healthy happy normal 3 year old. Gina is now expecting again and having similar problems and restricted to bed rest hoping to delay birth as long as possible, due in May. We are headed home so Pat can move in with them and help out.
We were really looking forward to this rally because we had made so many new friends from the Amana rallies.
Yes Bernie and Dave I was looking to play that great new game you taught me. I know all you guys will have a fantastic time. Hopefully we can meet again down the road.
Bob and Pat Wood

No explanation needed. Things come up in life that take priority. This, my friend, is one of them. I have 3 and 4yr old granddaughters by my 2nd daughter. I know exactly where my wife would be in your shoes. I know everything will be fine with the pregnancy but it's better to err on the side of caution. Congrats on the coming of your new Grandchild and our prayers are with them both.
Let's look at this again. Bocce ball or being there in Gina's time of need? Yep, you've made the right decision. Hope to see you down the road and you can show us pics of the new one.
Have a great day.

'Lil Guy'

Baker you have both to look forward to. A good big breakfast, with potatoes of course, and then bocce ball.

Speaking of priorities, are we sure someone has the fried potatoes under control? A big biscuit broke in half, each with a big sausage patty on top and covered in gravy with bacon on the side, I can feel my arteries clogging already.

jassson007

I have attached the Agenda to the first post and I have included it here too. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Kinder Rally agenda.pdf
    40 KB · Views: 14

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of priorities, are we sure someone has the fried potatoes under control? A big biscuit broke in half, each with a big sausage patty on top and covered in gravy with bacon on the side, I can feel my arteries clogging already.
Fried potatoes, yep. Under control, no guaranty.
We will be there tomorrow afternoon.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'

No Guarantee! Don't let me down Dave. I have a fever and the only cure is fried potatoes. I guess we'll figure out where this Breakfast Extravaganza is going to be held Thursday evening. If it's going to be at Andy's site, I would rather cook all of this meat there. I'll take my Road trip grill and my Coleman stove with a cast iron skillet. Seems like a good place to cook up those taters also. Be easier to clean up afterwards. Just dump all of the grease out under Andy's BC and throw all of the greasy paper towels out on the ground. I try to keep the 'Lil Guy's site clean.

Speaking of that, I washed the LG today and went over it with 303. My old arse is dragging. I bought the little giant ladder (big one) to be able to reach the top. I didn't know the ladder weighs more than my rig. If and when we move up to the full size models I'll pay someone to do it for me. Debbie wasn't much help but she did keep my energy level high with all of the sniveling.

Can't get a grip on the weather there. Seems like rain Thursday ad then a 10% Friday. We may try to come up Wednesday evening but Thursday early for sure. We don't want to make a grand entrance since our rig is always the smallest one at these events. See everyone there and have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.