EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Kinder - 3/31/2017 to 4/2/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippendale

Ok whoever is doing the rain dance can stop. Just looked at extended forecast for next week and so far there is a high chance of rain from Wednesday to Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess there won't be any need to stop at the Blue Beacon Truck/RV Wash in Beaumont to have the West Texas bugs and dust washed off. Are they planning on closing the bridge across the Sabine like last year again?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well I guess there won't be any need to stop at the Blue Beacon Truck/RV Wash in Beaumont to have the West Texas bugs and dust washed off. Are they planning on closing the bridge across the Sabine like last year again?

Lol it won't be that bad lol. Btw that was just a year ago a few days back. Some very bad rain that just sat over the Toledo bend area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
This is a post that I don't want to make, but I have to cancel going to the Louisiana rally.
Sorry Andy it has to be.:(:(:(

Tomorrow I have to call Coushatta and cancel my res.

Frank, I will not be riding the range with you on Friday morning. So no fried potatoes from me. :(:(:(

See all y'all in Goshen.

Peace
Dave

jassson007

This is a post that I don't want to make, but I have to cancel going to the Louisiana rally.
Sorry Andy it has to be.:(:(:(

Tomorrow I have to call Coushatta and cancel my res.

Frank, I will not be riding the range with you on Friday morning. So no fried potatoes from me. :(:(:(

See all y'all in Goshen.

Peace
Dave

Hate to hear that cookie. See ya in goshen.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Ok whoever is doing the rain dance can stop. Just looked at extended forecast for next week and so far there is a high chance of rain from Wednesday to Sunday.

LOL!!! Must be baker (lil guy)!! He said he'd been blamed a time or two

jassson007

LOL!!! Must be baker (lil guy)!! He said he'd been blamed a time or two

From what I hear we may want the rain since I heard something about a fire in alpine. Lol

Chippendale

I don't know I heard your name mentioned too. I am going to have to ask dolly to keep an eye on you next week. Lol

I was in the trailer when the fire started, but quickly became one of the "Keystone Cop Firemen". All I could find to put water in was a large shallow chip and dip dish, and most of the water splashed out before I got to the fire with it. Ashamed to say, I completely forgot about the fire extinguisher, it was a good thing Baker and all his assistants had shoes on and were able to stomp out the fire. Where is Mac the Fire Guy when you need him?

jassson007

I was in the trailer when the fire started, but quickly became one of the "Keystone Cop Firemen". All I could find to put water in was a large shallow chip and dip dish, and most of the water splashed out before I got to the fire with it. Ashamed to say, I completely forgot about the fire extinguisher, it was a good thing Baker and all his assistants had shoes on and were able to stomp out the fire. Where is Mac the Fire Guy when you need him?

I also heard about beer being poured on it too lol

pegmikef

Yeah, I was right across the road from George when he and his friends tried to burn the place down . . . fortunately the road acted as a fire break so Ed Potts (my neighbor) and I weren't really in jeopardy.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok guys, it really wasn't that bad!! Don't scare everyone!

'Lil Guy'

1st, no beer was wasted on a fire. 2nd, it was Ed Potts fault. 3rd, minimal damage to George's site. The fire barely climbed into the tree.lol The bottom of my pit had fallen off and could have happened to anyone. Regardless, the steaks were great and the fire went out.
The 'Lil Guy' is always good for some excitement.

Hate to hear that Dave is cancelling out. You can't trust the moderators. BTW, Dave, can you change my user name to 'Lil Guy' for me. Talked to JB and he said it could be done but I couldn't do it. Said I had to suck up to one of the moderators.
Please change from Baker to 'Lil Guy' or I'll burn your house down.
Andy, looks like rain again. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hope it is as much fun as the W. Texas rally.
Looks like Coushatta is going to comp us a couple of grand since we are such a draw. Hope the weather is good for Friday morning for breakfast. See everyone there. Later and have a great day.

dlw930

1st, no beer was wasted on a fire. 2nd, it was Ed Potts fault. 3rd, minimal damage to George's site. The fire barely climbed into the tree.lol The bottom of my pit had fallen off and could have happened to anyone. Regardless, the steaks were great and the fire went out.

I think we may have just ended the mystery of the Marfa "lights"!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear that Dave is cancelling out. You can't trust the moderators. BTW, Dave, can you change my user name to 'Lil Guy' for me. Talked to JB and he said it could be done but I couldn't do it. Said I had to suck up to one of the moderators.
Please change from Baker to 'Lil Guy' or I'll burn your house down.
Wow, I'm insulted, disgraced and threatened all at the same time.
That's no way to suck up to a moderator.
ZeigenBock would work though.

Peace
Dave

'Lil Guy'

JMO, but I think the Marfa lights are just illegals sneaking around in the brush with flashlights. Thanks Dave for the quick fix.
Our fire couldn'.t have been confused for the Marfa lights. Maybe another Mount St Helen but not some small lights. When you stomped on it and the fire tripled, well, we're talking more like a sun burst. Between the dry grass and the 40 mph winds, dang, we're lucky to be laughing about it now. Being in the witness protection program, I don't need all of this publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.