EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Kinder - 3/31/2017 to 4/2/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok guys, it really wasn't that bad!! Don't scare everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now wait I know Baker and the rest of the usual suspects. Everyone should be scared of them. Lol. Jk they are all good guys except Baker. Lol

jassson007

1st, no beer was wasted on a fire. 2nd, it was Ed Potts fault. 3rd, minimal damage to George's site. The fire barely climbed into the tree.lol The bottom of my pit had fallen off and could have happened to anyone. Regardless, the steaks were great and the fire went out.
The 'Lil Guy' is always good for some excitement.

Hate to hear that Dave is cancelling out. You can't trust the moderators. BTW, Dave, can you change my user name to 'Lil Guy' for me. Talked to JB and he said it could be done but I couldn't do it. Said I had to suck up to one of the moderators.
Please change from Baker to 'Lil Guy' or I'll burn your house down.
Andy, looks like rain again. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hope it is as much fun as the W. Texas rally.
Looks like Coushatta is going to comp us a couple of grand since we are such a draw. Hope the weather is good for Friday morning for breakfast. See everyone there. Later and have a great day.

I also heard that not only the bottom falling out of your fire pit but something about a whole bottle of lighter fluid too. Lol

Can't wait to see most of you guys either. Will be out there mid day Wednesday but have a late afternoon meeting in lake Charles but will be back after that.

jassson007

JMO, but I think the Marfa lights are just illegals sneaking around in the brush with flashlights. Thanks Dave for the quick fix.
Our fire couldn'.t have been confused for the Marfa lights. Maybe another Mount St Helen but not some small lights. When you stomped on it and the fire tripled, well, we're talking more like a sun burst. Between the dry grass and the 40 mph winds, dang, we're lucky to be laughing about it now. Being in the witness protection program, I don't need all of this publicity.

Well what can I say news like this travels fast. You notice how I wasn't there but have already heard about it? Lol

'Lil Guy'

Big "A". Looks like a good group for our Friday breakfast. My concern is the weather you always bring. How do we handle it if it's raining. Can we cook under cover at the hall? Looks like too big of a crowd to have it at a site(at least my site).lol Are we getting facilities for it and what are your thoughts on the subject. I'll have plenty of bacon, sausage, both pan and link. Advise if you will. Thanks in advance. Also, a rough number of attendees.

pegmikef

Big "A". Looks like a good group for our Friday breakfast. My concern is the weather you always bring. How do we handle it if it's raining. Can we cook under cover at the hall? Looks like too big of a crowd to have it at a site(at least my site).lol Are we getting facilities for it and what are your thoughts on the subject. I'll have plenty of bacon, sausage, both pan and link. Advise if you will. Thanks in advance. Also, a rough number of attendees.

Yeah Andy, that's a lot of folks. As for cooking, we're gonna just cook the eggs in the rig a few minutes ahead of time and put 'em in a crock pot to keep them warm

jassson007

Let's plan for no rain as the forecast has changed almost every hour. I will grab my ez ups we use for tailgating and bring them though. Rough number, we are down to 20 rigs total and most of them will be there early so I would venture a guess of 25 or so attendees

jassson007

Yeah Andy, that's a lot of folks. As for cooking, we're gonna just cook the eggs in the rig a few minutes ahead of time and put 'em in a crock pot to keep them warm

That's fine. No problem with that.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We carry a 10x10 ez up with us!!
Still a week away but the forecast has turned favorable

'Lil Guy'

So, are we cooking and serving at a site? Not a problem, just want to know. I have an E Z up to cook the meat with. Sounds more like 35 to 40 people. I'll do the meat and some eggs also. Thanks for the eggs Mike. I'll volunteer Ed Potts to help with the meat cooking since Dave has bowed out. If I cook the meat at the serving site, I could make eggs to order on the 3 grills. Just a thought.
What is a good time? Maybe serve at 8:30 or 9:00? Want it earlier, no problem. Just thinking of the group as a whole. This could merit a little bit of a discussion here. Time is getting close.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally.
BTW, After I know the serving time, I'll determine when Ed needs to get up to help with the meat.lol

jassson007

So, are we cooking and serving at a site? Not a problem, just want to know. I have an E Z up to cook the meat with. Sounds more like 35 to 40 people. I'll do the meat and some eggs also. Thanks for the eggs Mike. I'll volunteer Ed Potts to help with the meat cooking since Dave has bowed out. If I cook the meat at the serving site, I could make eggs to order on the 3 grills. Just a thought.
What is a good time? Maybe serve at 8:30 or 9:00? Want it earlier, no problem. Just thinking of the group as a whole. This could merit a little bit of a discussion here. Time is getting close.
BTW, After I know the serving time, I'll determine when Ed needs to get up to help with the meat.lol

For now yes and 8:30 ish will be fine to serve.

pegmikef

Frank, we're planning on using Jim B's recipe and will cook up a couple dozen eggs and Dolly, George's boss, is planning on doing some as well. Ours will be made to order as well as long as the order is for Jim B's scrambled eggs.

VKTalley

Andy, do you need another EZ-up? We can bring ours...need to know before we leave AL as it is in our storage unit.

dlw930

We got enough fixins today for a gallon of Country sausage gravy. Bring your appetites!

'Lil Guy'

Mike, I'm not sure but I believe Dolly has George add some dog bones to her eggs. If George brings his eggs in a big dish and just sets it on the ground, I would steer clear myself. I'll be there Wednesday evening. I guess we'll determine a site for Friday morning. I'll have a couple of tables for my 2 gas grills with griddle plates and 2 electric griddles. I also have a big square electric skillet if needed. I guess we'll discuss it Thursday. Getting hungry, excited and ready for another rally.

- - - Updated - - -

We got enough fixins today for a gallon of Country sausage gravy. Bring your appetites!

Bring your appetite heck, someone bring some biscuits to go with it.

Chippendale

Mike, I'm not sure but I believe Dolly has George add some dog bones to her eggs. If George brings his eggs in a big dish and just sets it on the ground, I would steer clear myself. I'll be there Wednesday evening. I guess we'll determine a site for Friday morning. I'll have a couple of tables for my 2 gas grills with griddle plates and 2 electric griddles. I also have a big square electric skillet if needed. I guess we'll discuss it Thursday. Getting hungry, excited and ready for another rally.

- - - Updated - - -

If Lit Guy has as much fire power available as he mentions above, we better hope it does rain, don't want a repeat of Alpine.

dlw930

Bring your appetite heck, someone bring some biscuits to go with it.

Oh, we got those too! Ted n Dee are bringing some as well. We be like McDonald's, serve breakfast all day!

pegmikef

Oh, we got those too! Ted n Dee are bringing some as well. We be like McDonald's, serve breakfast all day!

Actually that is not a bad idea with the volume of food and number of people (up to 40) everyone would not have to all scramble at 0830. Not all day, but maybe a couple of hours anyway.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Actually that is not a bad idea with the volume of food and number of people (up to 40) everyone would not have to all scramble at 0830. Not all day, but maybe a couple of hours anyway.

Be easier on the cooks, for sure!!
We're doing a Friday morning potluck breakfast with some eggs bacon sausage at our rally next month too. The agenda says 8:30 until ???
Not everyone is a morning person
See y'all on Wednesday

Chippendale

Be easier on the cooks, for sure!!
We're doing a Friday morning potluck breakfast with some eggs bacon sausage at our rally next month too. The agenda says 8:30 until ???
Not everyone is a morning person
See y'all on Wednesday

Yeah, all those "non morning persons" don't have dogs that have to go out every morning no matter if it is rain, sleet or snow. Since those of us with dogs are up and out anyway, might as well have an early breakfast and then brunch later with the sleep ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.