EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Kinder - 3/31/2017 to 4/2/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Well, if they're fat free, I'll try one. BTW, I might just have to make a couple of dozen Krispi Kreme donuts myself.
Are those Bignuts kinda like a cake do-nut? Look good. Are they fried in Alligator fat?

Abear79

kind of in the middle of cake and do-nut. And no on the gator fat. lol we stay away from that. But we love the gator meat, just a pain to clean.

Abear79

attachment.php

This is part of the process, rolling out the dough

dlw930

I had a cup from Cafe du Monde commemorating Hurricane Katrina. It's inscription was "Not even Katrina could blow the powdered sugar off our beignets!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I had a cup from Cafe du Monde commemorating Hurricane Katrina. It's inscription was "Not even Katrina could blow the powdered sugar off our beignets!"

Collectors item there

pegmikef

You used past tense David. Did you lose the cup or sell it?

ljawest

We just registered for the Rally and this will be our 1st time to attend a LA rally. Saw some familiar names on the attendees list and look forward to making more new Heartland friends. We'll be arriving Friday and leave Sunday.

jassson007

We just registered for the Rally and this will be our 1st time to attend a LA rally. Saw some familiar names on the attendees list and look forward to making more new Heartland friends. We'll be arriving Friday and leave Sunday.

Awesome look forward to meeting you!! I will get you added to the list this weekend.

Possum51

Andy, please put Pat and I down for your rally! I already called the park and reserved a spot arriving on March 30th and leaving April 3rd. Thanks!

jassson007

Andy, please put Pat and I down for your rally! I already called the park and reserved a spot arriving on March 30th and leaving April 3rd. Thanks!

Will get ya down. Will update list this weekend and post the agenda.

dlw930

You used past tense David. Did you lose the cup or sell it?

Mike, it was a casualty of our downsizing when we went FT. I bequeathed it to a coworker who was also involved with the Katrina recovery detail.

jassson007

Alright finally got around to updating this rally thread. The list of attendees is the most current, if you are coming and don't see your name please let me know. If you want to come please make your plans as soon as possible as I am not sure if park will fill up or not but we have used all of our original sites are spoken for.

Also take note that we are doing a breakfast potluck Friday morning as Frank does such a wonderful job with this so please plan on bringing something to share we the group. Our other potluck will be Saturday and I will be doing a chicken and sausage gumbo. Can I get atleast one person to make a potato salad and then anyone else can bring a dish to share.

'Lil Guy'

Andy, Debbie could make potato salad if mustard is ok. Reason I say mustard is that is the kind I like. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Later. BTW, need another birthday cake for the 1st. Yea, she's having another one. If you can, make arrangements and I'll pay for it. Thanks in advance.

jassson007

Andy, Debbie could make potato salad if mustard is ok. Reason I say mustard is that is the kind I like. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Later. BTW, need another birthday cake for the 1st. Yea, she's having another one. If you can, make arrangements and I'll pay for it. Thanks in advance.

Yes sir that is the way I like mine too. Good stuff. Ask Mrs Debbie if she wouldn't mind doing that for her pot luck dish?? We will get it done. Lol

'Lil Guy'

Potato salad is covered for Saturday. I'll do bacon, pan sausage and kielbasa for the Friday breakfast. Egg dishes, fried potatoes, cheesy grits, juices, biscuits/ gravy, fruit, etc for the accompaniment, just to name a few. Any volunteers?:D
Looking forward to the rally and rain.lol

jassson007

Potato salad is covered for Saturday. I'll do bacon, pan sausage and kielbasa for the Friday breakfast. Egg dishes, fried potatoes, cheesy grits, juices, biscuits/ gravy, fruit, etc for the accompaniment, just to name a few. Any volunteers?:D
Looking forward to the rally and rain.lol

We got the cake covered too. Someone stepped up. We will do that for meet and greet.

'Lil Guy'

I was counting on you. See you there and thanks.
Dates aren't posted of arrivals. Just wondering how many people will be there Thursday AM before I overload myself.lol

jassson007

I was counting on you. See you there and thanks.
Dates aren't posted of arrivals. Just wondering how many people will be there Thursday AM before I overload myself.lol

Friday am and about 2/3's I think. Would have to look through the posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.