EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, New Iberia - 10/30/2015 to 11/1/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Andy - What is the cancellation time line for the park? We had problems coming home from Bullard yesterday and it looks like my truck may need a high pressure fuel pump. I am at the local Ford shop and they should be able to give me a solid answer later this week after a partial teardown inspection. I'll let you know as soon as I know. ..:(

Andy - It loookslike we will be able to make it.:) :eek: There are a couple of things that have to fall into place but it looks good at this time. Long story short, we have a new truck coming in and the Ford built in Hitch prepdoes not fit our 6 month old hitch. It is on order and should arrive by the end of this week. I will post details of this issue on the proper spot in the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy - What is the cancellation time line for the park? We had problems coming home from Bullard yesterday and it looks like my truck may need a high pressure fuel pump. I am at the local Ford shop and they should be able to give me a solid answer later this week after a partial teardown inspection. I'll let you know as soon as I know. ..:(

Andy - It loookslike we will be able to make it.:) :eek: There are a couple of things that have to fall into place but it looks good at this time. Long story short, we have a new truck coming in and the Ford built in Hitch prepdoes not fit our 6 month old hitch. It is on order and should arrive by the end of this week. I will post details of this issue on the proper spot in the forum.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome. glad y'all will make it as I know you and Marti both were looking forward to it. Congrats on a new truck??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Getting close and the new "LG' is about ready to go. So get those grits going. Should be plenty of bacon to cook for this event but that is a long story.lol Remind me to tell you what happened at the NT rally for me to have so much bacon to bring. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Breakfast extravaganza Friday morning I would assume is still on. Our 1st trip in the newest 'Lil Guy' and getting a little excited.

VKTalley

Getting close and the new "LG' is about ready to go. So get those grits going. Should be plenty of bacon to cook for this event but that is a long story.lol Remind me to tell you what happened at the NT rally for me to have so much bacon to bring. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally. Breakfast extravaganza Friday morning I would assume is still on. Our 1st trip in the newest 'Lil Guy' and getting a little excited.

Frank, I hope Friday morning breakfast is still on....Debbie and I need a good breakfast so we can keep up with all the people coming to see our new rigs. :cool: Tell her that I will still be making my grits dish that she can enjoy with me. Are you going to need help cooking all that bacon?

Andy, Malcolm and I are looking forward to be on the bayou with you and Joanna! New Iberia, here we come!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I was looking at the list of attendees and I guess it has not been updated as we are coming and are not listed.

'Lil Guy'

I was wondering abut that list myself while trying to see how much of this bacon to bring. Always better to have to much. A little help, even just moral, would certainly be appreciated.
Debbie and I absolutely love this new BH ad can't wait for our 1st trip to try it out and see how it really feels. Looking forward to the rally and might even try to come in a day earlier.

jassson007

Yeah sorry I have been lazy. Now that I have been working again it has gotten in the way of my camping and rally planning. As of today we have 17 rigs signed up to come so figure 34 people for the breakfast. In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

I will update the post tonight with attendees and a tentative schedule. Since most everyone will be in by Thursday we will have a welcome desert and can decide when we want to go to Avery Island Friday.

Another question being that this is Halloween I would like to have a pumpkin carving/decorating contest. Also don't forget to bring candy as the kids will be trick or treating in the park.

jmgratz

We will be arriving on Friday. Since we are coming in from the Coushatta it will be late morning or early afternoon

jassson007

We will be arriving on Friday. Since we are coming in from the Coushatta it will be late morning or early afternoon

Ok. We will save you some leftovers. Lol J/K. We will still have a get together Friday afternoon as well.

Btw I thought about y'all last week, in my new job Coushatta is a huge account for us and I was there twice last week.

jmgratz

Ok. We will save you some leftovers. Lol J/K. We will still have a get together Friday afternoon as well.

Btw I thought about y'all last week, in my new job Coushatta is a huge account for us and I was there twice last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Then I guess the 'deposits' we make there will help pay your salary. LOL

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah sorry I have been lazy. Now that I have been working again it has gotten in the way of my camping and rally planning. As of today we have 17 rigs signed up to come so figure 34 people for the breakfast. In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

I will update the post tonight with attendees and a tentative schedule. Since most everyone will be in by Thursday we will have a welcome desert and can decide when we want to go to Avery Island Friday.

Another question being that this is Halloween I would like to have a pumpkin carving/decorating contest. Also don't forget to bring candy as the kids will be trick or treating in the park.

I will bring a breakfast casserole. We will arrive on Tuesday and leave Monday.

pegmikef

In fact can we get a roll call on what everyone is bringing for it? Let's say we have it ready for 8:30 if that works for everyone.

Andy, Tom said he and Marti will be bringing freshly squeezed orange juice from HEB, so Peggy and I will be bringing tomato juice, milk, butter, make believe butter (for lactose intolerants), syrup and jelly or jam.

Chippendale

Dolly wanted to make a batch of her famous Weenie Dog Bites in honor of Rowdy & Kaydee but I told her that Debbie and Frank were furnishing the bacon and sausage, so I will bring a dish of scrambled eggs and a couple of jars of Texas * Texas Premium Salsa for those who like salsa on eggs.

VKTalley

Traveling Talleys will be arriving on Wednesday, leaving Monday, and will be bringing an eggs and grits casserole.

'Lil Guy'

The 'Lil Guy's debut and no fried potatoes? I guess in the future, I'll start looking for rallies that Dave (Cookie) is attending.lol I might just buy a bag of spuds and drop them off at someones doorsteps.

No fried potatoes? I bet no one even takes a drink at this rally. I was going to set up my disco ball and open bar for Thursday and Friday night but I guess that's out too. I'm sure that Fireball is out of the question.

jassson007

The 'Lil Guy's debut and no fried potatoes? I guess in the future, I'll start looking for rallies that Dave (Cookie) is attending.lol I might just buy a bag of spuds and drop them off at someones doorsteps.

No fried potatoes? I bet no one even takes a drink at this rally. I was going to set up my disco ball and open bar for Thursday and Friday night but I guess that's out too. I'm sure that Fireball is out of the question.

We will figure something out Frank don't worry. As far as the fireball goes even if it is just you and I, I think we can figure out what to do with that...lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jassson007

So far we got bacon & sausage, juice, butter & other condiments, breakfast casserole, eggs & salsa, pan cakes and an egg & grits casserole. Besides the fried taters is there anything else we will need? Chapter will provide plates and silverware just bring your own cups for coffee or juice. I assume Jay will man the coffee pot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.