EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Ok no on the T-shirts so they are hitting the trash... don't tell the dieselengineer though...he'll be saying they are all good to wear!!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Update your list Ann - we just booked site # 169. Arriving Friday 9/9 - departing Monday 9/12

Don't have the 5'er yet, but the Owner's Club plaque arrived yesterday ;)

Karen
Whoo Hoo List updated. Glad you will be joining us. I just love a woman who has her priorities straight--When your rig comes in you're gonna have all kinds of rallies to attend!!!

dalspot

LOL, there were all kinds of goodies in the box... keychains, phone pad, some visiting cards, and a pamphlet of some sort, haven't had time to read it but I think it said something about being a 12-step program... Had the letters "RHA" on it.... ;)

Karen

Whoo Hoo List updated. Glad you will be joining us. I just love a woman who has her priorities straight--When your rig comes in you're gonna have all kinds of rallies to attend!!!

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Mike and Ann! We are signed up. Site #170, arriving Sept 8, departing Sept 12 (no Fri or Sun CBB for us that close to Labor Day!).

mjatwalker

Hi Mike and Ann! We are signed up. Site #170, arriving Sept 8, departing Sept 12 (no Fri or Sun CBB for us that close to Labor Day!).

Don't blame you there. The CBB can be a nightmare almost any Friday or Sunday during the Summer. You won't regret your extra time at the Castaways though! Glad you'll be able to join us. Had me worried there for awhile.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Don't blame you there. The CBB can be a nightmare almost any Friday or Sunday during the Summer. You won't regret your extra time at the Castaways though! Glad you'll be able to join us. Had me worried there for awhile.

Being on this side of the CBB really does have it's advantages! It just took this long for me to figure out that there were advantages!

Ann, relax with the not being able to understand Gus lately thing! I haven't been able to get a grasp of it lately either so it's not you GF! Just got finished with my Southern Translations Lessons and now I have to read up on Webster's!

mjatwalker

Hello everyone, We will have tee-shirts for our rally they will be $10.00 each. Send us a PM with your sizes and you can pay at the rally. The shirts will feature the colors of our state flag and be 100% cotton.

We would also like to have steamed crabs as part of Saturday's potluck dinner. This being our first rally I don't think we can afford the full cost so a small per person fee will be necessary, $15.00 to $20.00 per person. Please let us know your interest so we can calculate the number of crabs needed. There is already interest by some to get live crabs and steam them ourselves. Ann and I like this idea as it will also keep the cost down.

dieselsweetheart

Mike, may I make a suggestion on the shirts. The 100% cotton may shrink. In the past we have ordered the 50/50 heavyweight blend. (Just a suggestion)..

I'm not a crab person so I will pass.

Thanks!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We're not crab folks either (crabby sometimes, but not crab eaters). Would be interested in shirts though, 1 XXL and 1 XL.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Sent you info about T-Shirts , Looking forward to having a shirt from the 1st MD rally. Plus the group photo should be a sharp one !!

nomare

John & I would definitely go for the crabs. I'm not sure about live ones as I generally don't like to think that what I'm eating was alive a few minutes before it arrived on my plate, but if that's the way you want to go, I just stay away until dinner time. John will gladly help prepare dinner and I will galdly eat them. LOL. I'll send you a pm about the shirts..

mjatwalker

Mike, may I make a suggestion on the shirts. The 100% cotton may shrink. In the past we have ordered the 50/50 heavyweight blend. (Just a suggestion)..

I'm not a crab person so I will pass.

Thanks!
Thanks for the suggestion on the shirts; however, we prefer 100% cotton as we find them to be much cooler. As for shrinkage, we've not found that to be a problem. The 50/50 shirts we've gotten seem to fit tighter than the 100% cotton ones and since we don't put our tees in the dryer shrinkage is not an issue. For those that do dry their shirts I would think the end result would be the same as the 50/50.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We're not crab folks either (crabby sometimes, but not crab eaters).

You're gonna fit right in then!
TRMD6.jpg

hillsonwheels

Hate to repeat myself. But, I will when it comes to steamed crabs. :D Even Reta (Flash to some of you) :eek: who is a beginner will be at the table trying to pick her share. And, our tee shirt sizes are XL and XL. As for the crabs, if yon't to cook 'em I can hep you.

Can't remember if we thanked you for the invite to the Walker/Bylinski combined dinner effort in Goshen or not? Consider yourselves thanked.

Dick

Jim & Harriet

no T-shirts for us. and, about those crab-critters... Jim is a "yes," me - a "maybe I'll
try some of his."
really looking forward to seeing ya'll!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John & I would definitely go for the crabs. I'm not sure about live ones as I generally don't like to think that what I'm eating was alive a few minutes before it arrived on my plate, but if that's the way you want to go, I just stay away until dinner time. John will gladly help prepare dinner and I will galdly eat them. LOL. I'll send you a pm about the shirts..

Unless John is using the new electric deep fryer, he better start cooking now if you want dinner to be ready in time! Sorry, couldn't resist. See ya tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.