EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Maryland Rally

We're headed north. Thanks to Mike, Ann, Calvin & Judy for making a visit to their home state so much fun. If their rally is half as much fun as this weekend was it's going to be a blast!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Hi Mike and Ann,

Cant wait for your rally. Do you need an official food tester or chair sitter???

PSF513

Make sure there are 2 chairs because I was planning to claim that position (food tester but I would need to sit). You just need to be sure to give us southern folk enough time to make sure our shots are up to date and our green cards are in order in case we get stopped trying to cross the border

cjhicks

Make sure there are 2 chairs because I was planning to claim that position (food tester but I would need to sit). You just need to be sure to give us southern folk enough time to make sure our shots are up to date and our green cards are in order in case we get stopped trying to cross the border
Hey Pete if the Rally is held here on the Lower Slower Eastern Shore, you can leave your Green Cards at home , the problem would be if it were held on the Western side of the Bay. As they say around here "There is no life west of the Bay Bridge":)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Is the rally you're planning gonna be in the spring of 2011? We just might be in the area then, and would love to be part of a Maryland rally since that's where we lived before fulltiming....need a steamed crab fix...LOL!!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Hi Mike and Ann,

Cant wait for your rally. Do you need an official food tester or chair sitter???

Hey Larry and Pete, We would love for you guys to be food tasters. As for the chairs...We will have to have a back in contest to see who gets the official chair.

mjatwalker

We're headed north. Thanks to Mike, Ann, Calvin & Judy for making a visit to their home state so much fun. If their rally is half as much fun as this weekend was it's going to be a blast!

You guys made this weekend great for us. We are looking forward to our first rally and having just as good a time only on a much larger scale. Heartlanders are great--BFF!

mjatwalker

Is the rally you're planning gonna be in the spring of 2011? We just might be in the area then, and would love to be part of a Maryland rally since that's where we lived before fulltiming....need a steamed crab fix...LOL!!

Ken and Kathy--We haven't finalized the site yet so we don't have a timeline. We would love for you guys to join us and your are right you just can't beat a Maryland crab!

Steamed crab? Sign me up. Someone mention a need for food taster or judging :) If the date works for me, I will be trying hard to make this one :eek:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Steamed crab? Sign me up. Someone mention a need for food taster or judging :) If the date works for me, I will be trying hard to make this one :eek:

If we can both make this one Jim, you won't be sorry! We'll have to give you a special "tour" of Maryland seafood...there is NONE better anywhere!!! There are two things I miss about Maryland...my son and the seafood...Gosh, now I'm hungry...

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

I am ready!! So Ready but..

are you leaving Jake with a sitter?
How dare you have fun without us...

I will pack .... and have a long wait...
But i know it will be worth it!!

Thanks
Mike and Ann!

Mark and I just love Castaways! We were so lucky one year to get campsite #12B in the gated section, therefore, we make sure we re-book for the following year before we leave. You really don't want to give it up once you have it. We'll be there the second week in September catching the tail end of bike week and the beginning of sunfest. Just love it!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

That sneeky snake, I told him to stay in the shed if he wanted to go to New York!

He doesn't listen well does he? You are getting him back first chance I get! Tried to attach his pic in case you were missing him but ....#&#^&)#$&(#*&$)&#$!

mjatwalker

He doesn't listen well does he? You are getting him back first chance I get! Tried to attach his pic in case you were missing him but ....#&#^&)#$&(#*&$)&#$!
What he's up visiting with you!!! Guess snakes just don't make loyal pets. That's it, you can have him.

hillsonwheels

Hey!

Lived in southern MD for 28 years while working for the Navy. Was on travel half the time while working. Tried seafood :( from coast to coast and IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN ON THE EASTERN SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We will be there! A bushel of steamed crabs? A case of beer? Who could ask for more? :D

Dick

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

Maryland seafood! You are so right Hillsonwheels. We ran a scuba charter boat for years and one of the things i miss most is being able to have Duane dive and select our nights meals. I wouldnt touch seafood until I met him and tasted Fresh Catch of the Day.

Lucia and Mark, I just booked your spot!! Kidding but we have to get a "Lot" (meaning several together) so Terry, Jim and I dont have to take a ride in the Golf Cart just to visit you...

So when you book yours Mark, I will leave it up to you to get and keep our Clan together.

Just a note Mike and Ann regarding Jake the snake.
Let it be known here and now, that if He does visit a Rally that I attend, a rescue group for snakes will be called this time. It is not fair that he gets to attend more Heartland Rallies and Families than we do!

You're right, Deb - Maryland Seafood!!!!!! Keeping a watchful eye out for the rally details. Mark and I do plan on reserving a spot quite early and would like to have our Clan close by. There is a lot of fun to be had "down the ocean", hon!!!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Don't forget us! I might be "down" but it's only temporary!! Will we have time to sneak in another get-together before the season ends? I know Duane has to know ahead of time...

Jim & Harriet

Ok, so I have been trying to follow the thread and searched for a "date & location" for the
Maryland Rally - did I miss that important stuff? It seems like it will be at the "Castaways"
(place looks great!) Just need to know when ...
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the August Virginia and October North Carolina rallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.