EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 9/9/2011 to 9/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Re: Maryland Rally

Ok, so I have been trying to follow the thread and searched for a "date & location" for the
Maryland Rally - did I miss that important stuff? It seems like it will be at the "Castaways"
(place looks great!) Just need to know when ...
Looking forward to seeing many of you at the August Virginia and October North Carolina rallies.

We have not made a final decision yet. We are still checking out sites but Castaways is a very strong possibility. We are thinking a September timeframe. We hope to nail down the location very soon and will let everyone know.

mjatwalker

Hey!

Lived in southern MD for 28 years while working for the Navy. Was on travel half the time while working. Tried seafood :( from coast to coast and IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN ON THE EASTERN SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We will be there! A bushel of steamed crabs? A case of beer? Who could ask for more? :D

Dick

Wow, Dick's signed on to bring a bushel of crabs and a case of beer. Any other volunteers? I just love the generosity of Heartlanders!

Jim & Harriet

thanks for the information. September is always a good time to
go almost anywhere!
Take care, safe travels...

dieselsweetheart

Just don't make it the weekend of the "teens" that is the Hershey RV show and people like to go to that. This year it's the 15-19....

Hudson

Hey Guy's , Ft. Whaley is only a 45 drive from our house, we will be in touch and drive up to see you or if you would like to go out on a boat ride you can come by here.

You've got an RV *and* a boat? I thought you could choose only one of boat, RV, plane. Even Gus *switched* from boat to RV...

hillsonwheels

Mike, or was it Ann?

Don't believe that I really offered to buy either. :p But, if you can find 'em at a reasonable price.........have your people contact my people! :cool: Maybe something can be worked out?

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can't even imagine what's been happening in our lives!

Dick

mjatwalker

Mike, or was it Ann?

Don't believe that I really offered to buy either. :p But, if you can find 'em at a reasonable price.........have your people contact my people! :cool: Maybe something can be worked out?

Sorry for the delay in responding. You can't even imagine what's been happening in our lives!

Dick

Dick--I sure hope it has been good happenings!

cjhicks

You've got an RV *and* a boat? I thought you could choose only one of boat, RV, plane. Even Gus *switched* from boat to RV...

Growing up oh the Chesapeake I have had some kind of boat since I was 10 years old, right now we have four boats, one power boat,one row boat and two kayak's and one very nice RV. Which is going to the repair shop in the morning to get the damage repaired that was caused by a tire blowout on the way home from Nashville.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Calvin & Judy will we get to see all y'all this weekend at Castaways? Really want to sit down and chat with you & momma again.

cjhicks

Calvin & Judy will we get to see all y'all this weekend at Castaways? Really want to sit down and chat with you & momma again.
We are going to try to at least stop by for a visit,. our daughter and a girl friend are going to be staying the weekend with us and going to Ocean City for Sunfest.

mjatwalker

Our mini rally (that's not a rally) has been a blast so far. Was really surprised to see Beth and Greg and Kathy and Lee. All told we are a group of 6--Deb & John, Maryann & John, Debbie and Duane plus Judy and Calvin will be joining us tonight for a pot luck (we are in their back yard so to speak). I don't know when I've laughed so hard. We will be meeting w/cg officials today to finalize plans for our 2011 rally. This is a great location--it offers something for everyone, especially our four legged furry ones. More to come!

Jim & Harriet

sounds like ya'll are having too much fun, wish we were there!
just saw the news about Heartland being bought by Thor Industries -
surprised me. but I guess if nothing in the Heartland company is
changed then it will be OK. just have to wait and see...
enjoy the rest of your mini-rally, say "hi" to everyone from us - and Max :angel:

mjatwalker

J H & M--wish you guys were here too. As for the Thor news, it is a business decision and I don't expect it to have any negative effect on what we are doing now or in the forseeable future. We are a family and will continue in our rally-aholic mode for many years to come.

dieselsweetheart

I had no doubt you guys would have a great time...sounds perfect. The weather is beautiful this w/e. Mike and Ann we'll be anxious to hear your rally plans for next year so we can block off that time. Enjoy and tell everyone hello. Hopefully Greg and Beth are fully relaxed by now and having a great time as well!!

Jim & Harriet

you are right, the rall-aholics will continue no matter what company name is on the top of the letterhead!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

We have arrived home safe and very happy that we experienced another GREAT weekend at the hands of our Heartland Friends. Don't think I have laughed that much for a long time. John and Mary Ann are on the NJ Turnpike after dropping their trailer at Crossroads. Thanks to everyone and thank God for the weather we had. Can't believe we were at the pool and enjoying it at the end of September!

PS: Judy, I score that fall a 10. How big are the bruises? Have to admit you looked pretty funny crawling out of Mike's wheel well. All kidding aside, hope you are not hurting too bad today! You took the kidding like a trooper too!

mjatwalker

Made it home without a hitch. The only downside to the Castaways getaway was that it ended all too soon. The weather was wonderful so we got to enjoy the pool and the beach. Kelsey and Chance had a great time playing in the water. They even managed to entice Deb out there with them. We also got to enjoy the air show with all the folks parachuting and gliding down to the airport across the road. Michael and I would like to thank everyone for joining us at the Castaways. You guys are great!

Now we're looking forward to Mt. Airy next weekend and then Pine Grove, PA the following so we can do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.